What were some common instruments (musical) played during the Civil War? We're doing a project on it and I've googled it and can't find anything. If you come across a website about it I'd kind of like to see it too.
"The poor didn't want this one."
I'm pretty sure snare drums were used to order troops during the civil war depending on the way it was played.
Don't forget flutes and maybe a trumpet here and there.
Member of the grammar nazis.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
lots of diffrent drums, i believe the snare was improved greatly during that era, cause drums had a big part of the Civil War
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Well, Fife and drums, fiddle, harmonica, banjo. Im not to sure on this but there must have been something that resembled a guitar.
Banjos and/or folk guitars?
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Banjos. Not the banjos of today. They were made different, had cat-gut strings, and were tuned much lower than the banjos of today. Remember that. You might when Jeproady with that some day. lol
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!
double neck electric guitars with lightning paint job were very, VERY common among the regiments.

There were also alot of custom electric basses, usually played slap style. The civil war was funky.

Quote by nashville_star
Banjos. Not the banjos of today. They were made different, had cat-gut strings, and were tuned much lower than the banjos of today. Remember that. You might when Jeproady with that some day. lol

No one from UG would be allowed on Jeopardy. They'd do a background check and reject you for posting in the pit.
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
banjos, drums, brass instruments (many different ones...), early guitar, mandolin, harmonica, violin/fiddle, singing of course....i must be missing some.
*removed*
Quote by mister389
double neck electric guitars with lightning paint job were very, VERY common among the regiments.

There were also alot of custom electric basses, usually played slap style. The civil war was funky.

i lol'd big time