ok so my friends a guitar noob and plugged his guitar to some speakers he had like the speaker cabinets. anyways he said he got a clean tone but it wasn't taht loud. he was thinking of getting a line 6 amp and i was like no way those amps sucks. anyways he wanted a way to amplify the guitar sound so he can hear it in his speakers. he also wants effects too and i told him to get a preamp. so my question is is that what he shold get for this situation? and any links would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Tech 21 Sansamp. good distortions on it at least, not too many fx. There are some tube preamps, but they are more expensive.
The old tube SansAmps sound great. I haven't heard the newer digital ones.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
What's his budget?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
A preamp into a cab wont help either. What he wants is a power amp, that amplifies your guitar sound. But its weird he just wants to "amplify" his guitar sound just like that. It'll sound crap.

Get a good amplifier. Not something such that it'll just louden your guitar sound.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
he has like a cab?

just tell him to get a good combo amp like a vox vavletronix.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile