I found out some funny laws in certain states (of the USA, of course). I found out tht in my home state of Minnesota it is illegal to cross the Minnesota-Wisconsin border while wearing a duck on your head. In New York a man can be fined 25$ for flirting with women (second offense he'll have to appear in court wearing a horse blind)! In New Jersey it is against the law to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing murder In Wisconsin you need a license to make cheese. And of course it is illegal to pronounce Arkansas in Arkansas. I know of at least a dozen others but I think of what states they come from. I could probably search the internet for more but this is more fun. So, what other obscure state laws have you heard of?
here in North Carolina it's essentially illegal to have costume parties. originally intended to break up the KKK, though, so I don't really care.
Are most of these true?

I highly doubt it.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Are most of these true?

I highly doubt it.

there all true, the police just can't be arsed to enforce them

like in england its illegal to throw a matress from a window, but how many arrests is ther from that a year?
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
If these are real, which I doubt, there is no way they would enforce these
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
It was once punishable by death in Texas to steal a horse.

Now you just have to look at it funny.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
In York, its fully legal for any local from York to shoot any visiting Scotsman with a longbow.
Seriously.
In Chester you can shoot a Welshman from the city walls with a crossbow.

It's also compulsory to do 2 hours of longbow practice on the village green.
It is illegal to sell the clothes one is wearing to pay off a gambling debt.

That's from new hampshire from wear im from.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Most, if not all of these laws are either from olden times like during the 1800 and early 1900s and/or taken out of context.

For example,

"In Tucson, it is illegal for women to wear pants."

Probably written in a time when it was first settled and the Bible was the law. According to the Bible women are not supposed to dress like men. Law writers wrote it, it never got removed. No one cares anymore and it's not enforced.

"In Wisconsin you need a license to make cheese."

Do you really want any guy on the street making you you're dairy products?
You can't chain a pet giraffe to a telephone pole in the city of Atlanta.

I can't remember the state, but it's against the law to ride a unicycle backwards while eating ice cream....oir having ice cream in your back pocket...

I can't remember exactly.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20

I can't remember the state, but it's against the law to ride a unicycle backwards while eating ice cream....oir having ice cream in your back pocket...

I can't remember exactly.

Do you not think these are a little different? How can you confuse having ice cream in your pocket with the infinitely more difficult act of reverse-unicycle-riding-during ice-cream-consumption?
My name is Marc! Silly username.
its illegal to go whaling in oklahoma
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by PabloGilberto
In York, its fully legal for any local from York to shoot any visiting Scotsman with a longbow.
Seriously.

but not on a Sunday apparently

some more
In London, Hackney taxis must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.
In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public unless they are a clerk in a tropical fish store.
It is illegal to consume a mince pie on Christmas Day. (seriously)
A male may urinate in public, so long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle, and his right hand is on the vehicle.
Apparently, it's legal to beat your wife in Idaho if it's on the courthouse steps, and on a Sunday.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
It's illegal to have oral sex in the state of Missouri.

I think I've racked up quite the fine by now, both giving and receiving...
Spiral Out
It's illegal to live in Alaska.... But nobody's been controling it lately so I think it has been inhabited lately.
Apparently, it is illegal to have sex with a virgin in Washington state. That's one freaky law.
Quote by Izz
It's illegal to live in Alaska.... But nobody's been controling it lately so I think it has been inhabited lately.

dunno if this one has been posted, in Indiana if there is a girl in your car without socks on and she is under the age of 18 (and you're over 18 of course) it's considered rape
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Here in Corning AR, it's illegal to spit on the sidewalk.

Also, in some town in MO, it is unlawful for minors to purchase cap guns, but shotguns are ok.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by ep1kz
dunno if this one has been posted, in Indiana if there is a girl in your car without socks on and she is under the age of 18 (and you're over 18 of course) it's considered rape

Well, I'm glad I live near the Illinois border.

In South Bend, monkeys are forbidden to smoke cigarettes.
Scyther of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.
Quote by soundgarden1986
"In Pacific Grove, molesting butterflies can result in a $500 fine."

Who the fuck would molest a butterfly?

Me
Spiral Out
Quote by PabloGilberto
Seriously.

english bstards
Quote by ep1kz

lmao

source?

edit: some for us canucks

in British Columbia it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch or Bigfoot if one is ever found.

In Alberta a released convict is entitled to a gun and a horse to ride out of town on.

All bicycle riders must signal with the arm before making a turn, and a bicycle rider must keep both hands on
the handlebars at all times" ( Edmonton. )

someone try to find some ontarian ones k?
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Sep 28, 2007,