So I'm getting to that point in life where I have to decide what I want to be. Now besides the obvious choices (rockstar, astronaut, worlds sexiest millionaire) I have to really choose something that I can really do. I thought long and hard a couple days ago about what sort of things I'm into, and all i could really think of besides music, was Astronomy. I love it. I'm one of those nerds who picks up the latest copy of "Sky & Telescope" while everyone else picks up Muscle Fitness and Sports Illustrated. I talked to my dad about it, and he said "There arent any good jobs involving that kind of stuff, look into something else". Needless to say I was bummed out. I mean I want to do something I love, but I also want a job that pays something decent. I'm sorta new to this whole field and i was wondering. Does anyone know of any professions/careers that involve this sort of work that makes a pretty decent living? Anyone into Astronomy as well? Just thought I'd ask you guys and see what you all thought. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and a huge thanks for any reply.
"If my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair."
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Physics and astronomy are closely related so there's that. Also, you could work for NASA, we're gonna go to Mars sometime in this lifetime. You could be apart of that. By the way, is the Zep quote in your sig from "That's the way?" Just curious.
Grand Paladin of the Knights Who Say Ni

PM SGstriker for quiz to join

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.
Yeah im a huge physics nerd too. And the zep quote is from "In My Time of Dying"
"If my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair."
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Astronomy!
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Four winds at the four winds bar
Two doors locked and windows barred
One door let to take you in
The other one just mirrors it
Hey, hey, hey, hey