Page 1 of 2
Self-explanitory. Post Craigslist/eBay/etc postings and get opinions on whether you should buy it. This should save a lot of random threads.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Gallien-Krueger-Diesel-Dawg-Bass-OD-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ190156448335QQihZ009QQcategoryZ41411QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Should I get this? I've already got a Big Muff and a PD7, but I'm thinking I could maybe replace them with the Diesel Dawg? What I like about the PD7 is that I can get a slightly gritty tone, but I'm worried that the DD will only have a distorted quality to it
I think you should, I haven't played one, but I've heard good things, and sound samples are good. Why couldn't you just either:

a) Use all 3.
b) Use 2 of the 3

I'm sure you could get a gritty tone out of it though.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by Hergiswi
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-6-string-fretless-bass-guitar-in-transparent-blue_W0QQitemZ260009951950QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4713QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem#ReturnPolicy

I'm pretty sure that nobody's heard of it other than Fitzy, but on the off-chance that somebody else has, I'll post it. It's gonna take a lot to convince me not to get it because it'd make for a nice project.

I've heard of it....But through fitzy...so I guess it doesn't count.

What do you intend on doing for a project?
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
Quote by sammcl-15
I've heard of it....But through fitzy...so I guess it doesn't count.

What do you intend on doing for a project?

Not much really, just change the pickups, bridge, and maybe the hardware so it'd be a pretty decent bass. 6-string fretlesses just seem to be so obscure that I figured it'd be fun to have.
Quote by Hergiswi
Not much really, just change the pickups, bridge, and maybe the hardware so it'd be a pretty decent bass. 6-string fretlesses just seem to be so obscure that I figured it'd be fun to have.

Yeah, they're $300 away from being great basses. I actually sunk my 8-strings bridge about an inch into the body, and the bridge is actually good quality. The tuners hold well, as well. Again, the pickups are noisy and cheap and expect that bass to have 2 volume knobs and 3 master tone knobs. Yes, I said it.

Should I buy this?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150163996254&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

Wait, too late.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Sep 28, 2007,
TS, those Diesel Dawg pedals are very hard to find. This is the first time I saw them on eBay and have yet to see them in-store. With free shipping, you can't lose.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by BlueShox
http://columbia.craigslist.org/msg/433992100.html

Checking this out next week.

I'm thinking, if I plug everything up and the 210 plays at all, they'll be worth the money.

Whoa man get that **** right now

Quote by thefitz
TS, those Diesel Dawg pedals are very hard to find. This is the first time I saw them on eBay and have yet to see them in-store. With free shipping, you can't lose.

Yeah I know - I've only ever seen one once in a local store but it wasn't for sale. Just found out that shipping to Canada isn't free so it's not as great of a deal as I thought.
Quote by BlueShox
http://columbia.craigslist.org/msg/433992100.html

Checking this out next week.

I'm thinking, if I plug everything up and the 210 plays at all, they'll be worth the money.

Damn, nice find. Get it now!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Damn, nice find. Get it now!

+1...You're lucky. $100 for both right?
Quote by Demonikk
+1

Quote by Charlatan_001
should i get this: http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-SRX520EX1-4-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-519788-i1168535.Music123
i have a starter bass, but wanna get a better one as im serious about it and have been playing for a while. i play metal and some punk.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by sammcl-15
+1...You're lucky. $100 for both right?

Right. I keep thinking there's a catch, it's almost too good to be true. I'm thinking, something is not working right, maybe the 115 is just a cab, no speakers. Not sure, I'm extremely skeptical about it. Still going to check it out.
Quote by The Evil Hat
should i get this: http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-SRX520EX1-4-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-519788-i1168535.Music123
i have a starter bass, but wanna get a better one as im serious about it and have been playing for a while. i play metal and some punk.

Yeah thats a really nice bass, what type of amp do you have though?

Because, if you still have the amp you got with the starter bass, I'd suggest getting a better amp first.
Quote by BlueShox
Yeah thats a really nice bass, what type of amp do you have though?

Because, if you still have the amp you got with the starter bass, I'd suggest getting a better amp first.

i dont, i upgraded the amp over the summer. its a crate, not great but decent
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
im thinking about getting the traben pheonix 5er but im also thinking about the schecter studio 5, which do guys think i should get?

oh and where would i be able to get the traben delivered to the uk?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I'd say the Schecter.Why?

- Better overall components
- Very classy looking
- I found the Traben to be pretty heavy

Both are pretty good basses, but I find most of the Traben bridges to be gaudy, and they're kinda heavy. Schecters also have a very dedicated following.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

im torn between the ibanez i posted earlier (http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-SRX5...168535.Music123) and the BC Rich 5 strign zombie (http://www.music123.com/B-C--Rich-NT-Zombie-5-String-Bass-512656-i1323871.Music123) or the BC rich 5 string WMD Widow. help apreciated.
Last edited by The Evil Hat at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by c3powil

Yes.

And for me, Warwick 5 string Corvette Standard Bubinga with active preamp and an Ebony fretboard (my local music shop is getting one in from the custom shop) and it should be about £850.

The swamp ash passive sound great, though the treble was a bit much without rolling the tone down a little. Would this one be a better overall bass?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
im thinking of getting a 5-string fender precision but im still looking this is only my 2nd bass and im looking for about 200-300$

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Standard-P-Bass-Special-5-5String-Bass?sku=510581
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by Demonikk
+1

Quote by Charlatan_001
Quote by TheBassMan3
im thinking of getting a 5-string fender precision but im still looking this is only my 2nd bass and im looking for about 200-300$

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Standard-P-Bass-Special-5-5String-Bass?sku=510581

That's a Squier, not a Fender. Fender discontinued the 5 string P bass a year or two ago. Although for between $200 and $300, I've found squiers to be good for the money, and they're solid upgrade platforms. I say go for it.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

That Squier five string, looks like it has two J pups. Why is it precision? (Could be wrong on that, my computer screen is fuzzy as mess.)
Quote by BlueShox
That Squier five string, looks like it has two J pups. Why is it precision? (Could be wrong on that, my computer screen is fuzzy as mess.)

It's called a P bass "special." In other words, it has the body and neck of a P bass, with the pickups of a jazz. It's like some sort of mutant fender gone wrong. If it had a P pickup at the neck instead of a J, it would be much nicer if you ask me. It's still a good buy though.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Hmm. But, I have the Fender P bass "special", and it has the P pickup at the neck.

Why would anybody want the body and neck of a P-bass with the J-pups? The neck is the thing that most people hate about P basses. This just seems like an all around stupid product, save the five string-aspect of it.
Quote by BlueShox
Hmm. But, I have the Fender P bass "special", and it has the P pickup at the neck.

Why would anybody want the body and neck of a P-bass with the J-pups? The neck is the thing that most people hate about P basses. This just seems like an all around stupid product, save the five string-aspect of it.

Totally off point. A lot of people, especially slappers, want a wide nut width and strings spacing so they can get under the strings.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
There you go, fitz! I'm a P bass guy myself. I love the feel of the neck, I hate being "cramped" with tiny string spacing. P > J for me.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Quote by brentonkim

For an overall tighter, more professional sound, the compressor.

For fun factor, that wah all the way!!!
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
anyone have any advice for me? i dont mean to sound bitchy, but my birthday is in 2 weeks so i really want to order my choice soon.
I was going to buy a big muff for my bass. But after i read what fitz said. Nevermind. hah.
Quote by The Evil Hat
anyone have any advice for me? i dont mean to sound bitchy, but my birthday is in 2 weeks so i really want to order my choice soon.

I'd go with the Ibanez.
Quote by tubab0y
Real bassists play with their penis.

Wait, that came out wrong...

Quote by Evil_Jim43
I'd go with the Ibanez.

i would go with the Ibanez as well.
I was at my local music store today and I saw a used Sunn 300T head. They wanted 750 dollars cash for it. I didn't get to play it though as it wasn't connected to any cabs at the time and I didn't know what to run it through. I'm also looking at a Hot Rod DeVille for my guitar(MIM Strat) at the same price. Which should I get? If I end up with the Sunn, I'll have to trade in my Ampeg BA115HP and probably my Ibanez RG270 to get a cab for it.
Page 1 of 2