I got bored the other day and decided to record a new song. I've been playing a lot of electric recently, so I decided to do something acoustic based. There is some sound clipping issues in it, but it isn't too major.

It's in my profile and it's called "Deities".

Tell me what you think of it.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
For me it sounded ambient, it was probably because of the effects you had on. Any case, i like it, though it could have been a bit longer. For me instrumental / ambient songs should be progressive and therefor longer. Did you use some kind of octave effect?
Yeah, I took the original acoustic track and made a copy of it. Then I lowered that one an octave because the song needed some low end.
Quote by Arthur Curry

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
The organ intro sounds just like the organs Led Zeppelin used to use. I don't really like the backwards stuff, but the rest of it is very relaxed and cool sounding. You should make it longer, and drop that lowered pitch track. If you want to thicken it a little, borrow a bass from somebody, play a bass track on piano (or MIDI keyboard, and make it bass), or just mess with the EQ.
Reminds me of Pink Floyd. Goodbye Blue Sky to be exact.

Anyway, I like the effect you have on the guitar, it could do without the octave shift, the intro is pretty nice too, although it could do with a little less intensity.

Overall it's a good tune, though.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
I like it, especially the ending. As someone already stated it has a Pink Floyd-ish feel to it. Might sound better without the octave drop but i dunno, depends on how you like it i guess. Good work anyhow!
I've decided that I'm going to keep the octave in there, but I'll turn it very low in the mix.
Quote by Arthur Curry

Quote by Yakult
Like others have said, it's Pink Floyd reminiscent. Personally, I like the octave effect... But as you said, it should be lowered in the mix. The only real thing that I would suggest doing different is the ending. I liked the reverse effect idea, but it seemed a little sloppy for some reason. I'd suggest cleaning that section up and making it tighter.

Good job, I liked it. Very relaxing. Also, thanks for criting mine.

-Dan
k, i didnt read anyone else's comments. first off i was thinking pink floyd which is good. its a neat guitar lick for sure, but could stand out a little more. i like the effects in the end. overall def pretty neat. i liked it, got a tad boring throughout, thats only crit.

nice job
\M/ b4br4d \M/

carlroad.com/maggotbomb.htm