Page 1 of 2
I had a pretty shite day at work today.

For those who don't know, i work at Tescos, and checkouts is always a royal kick to the crotch because it's an Extra store and it is very, very busy on a Friday evening, because people are doing there end of week shopping after picking their kids from school.
I had some dodgy teamleader guy repeatedly telling me to go on checkouts and help out even though i was doing alot of work on my department (electrical) and he knew that, but used his power to make me go on checkouts, which i totally hate because it's brain-numingly boring. I know he's doing his job but he knew i was busy.

Then on checkouts i have 4 customers waiting to be served, it just seemed i was being bombarded with irritable customers, while everyone else stuck/working on checkouts only had 1 or 2 custers at one go, the checkout managers NOT ONCE, while i had customers swarming me, called for "Relief Cashiers" (Till trained people to temporary go on checkouts, like i was doingat that time). I felt so pissed off and used because at that very moment i felt like a worthless pawn in the big world of corporations and i unexpectedly went very angry and started breathing fast, my eye couldn't focus well, i was shaking and my heartrate went OTT.
I get that now and again, these little attacks of anger. I'm good at restraining my anger but i just felt like screaming at those people for no reason than because they were there, making waste my time doing a job i hate, i just wanted to hand in my resignation and walk out because, quite simply, i had had enough of retail.
After i managed (after an hour) of checkouts (i work a 4 hour shift and i usually have quite a bit of work to due per shift) i went back to my department, and back to work, but my heart rate just wouldnt calm down, i was still shaking even though i wasnt pissed off anymore, i felt weak and tired even though i was full of life earlier. I seriously thought i was going to have a heartattack as i could feel my heart slamming into my ribs.

All in all, i had a bad day and i wanna know if people have had worst days at work.

Share you experiences and also has any else had my symtomes as well? Shaking, heavy breathing, wild heart rate? Or am i just losing my nut. Again

Cheers.

Discuss
I work for a contractor that does demolitions and such. More than one time I've wanted to pick up a hammer and throw it at some grumpy bitch or old fart that is harassing us.

I've done things like left pop cans in their walls before drywalling or even working reallllly slow so it takes forever to do anything.( That'll piss off a lot of the customers.)
ಥ_ಥ
That sucks. I've been having a rough week, too. School has been tough, classes are getting hard...

My grandfather keeps ending up in the hospital...**** like that...

Work related...my bad. My job's been getting tough, I have been calling in sick when I'm not more often just because my job has been progressively getting worse, from the management to the hours I get scheduled...
Last edited by larry jones at Sep 28, 2007,
I had that really bad at my job for Kroger.
They knew it was my first Christmas with my son, and I explained to them that my family does everything on Christmas Eve. None the less, they schedualed me. After arguing and pleading, I eventually went into a panic attack at home. I couldn't breathe, couldn't focus, and was in terrible pain all over. Went to the hospital, and the nurse there worked for a grocery store for years and sympathized. She made sure I didn't have to go to work until 3-4 days after. =D
But yeah, I get what you mean. Find something that pleases you that upsets the higher-ups. Kroger is Union, so it's pretty hard to fire someone. I just worked so slow that it upset them, but fast enough to where it wasn't insubordination.
Good luck, man.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
I dunno man, I work at Market Basket thats a grocery store because I don't know if you have one where you live but on my second day of work this lady was trying to tell me how to do my job even though I was being trained and she told me she could make my annual salary in a week so you know what I did I went home and took a shower with my head against the wall with my hand supporting me and the next day I went to a loan office and I told them I wanted to build a battle star that can destroy an entire planet but than they said "excuse me?" and I said I wanted to open up a sports bar.

Well anyway just don't let ****ty customers get you down, you work retail like I do cuz i think grocery is considered retail just don't let them bring you down you know your getting paid and thats all that matters sounds superficial but thats what i tell myself when i deal with ****ty customers.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Quote by bandman2000
Wait 'til the day you get fired, then you'll see!

I'm re-writing my CV. I'm gonna look for a new job. If they sack me, then more the merrier.

The thing is, i'm 17, been working since i had just turned 16 and i shouldn;t be getting weird panic attack. I'm healthy and only have very, very mild asthma that dosn't effect me anymore.
I had a 9 hour shift at Morrisons today on fruit and veg. It was OK though but I'm back in 11 hours and it'll mean once I go out tommorow everyone will already be drunk.
Quote by Moggan13
I had a pretty shite day at work today.

For those who don't know, i work at Tescos, and checkouts is always a royal kick to the crotch because it's an Extra store and it is very, very busy on a Friday evening, because people are doing there end of week shopping after picking their kids from school.
I had some dodgy teamleader guy repeatedly telling me to go on checkouts and help out even though i was doing alot of work on my department (electrical) and he knew that, but used his power to make me go on checkouts, which i totally hate because it's brain-numingly boring. I know he's doing his job but he knew i was busy.

Then on checkouts i have 4 customers waiting to be served, it just seemed i was being bombarded with irritable customers, while everyone else stuck/working on checkouts only had 1 or 2 custers at one go, the checkout managers NOT ONCE, while i had customers swarming me, called for "Relief Cashiers" (Till trained people to temporary go on checkouts, like i was doingat that time). I felt so pissed off and used because at that very moment i felt like a worthless pawn in the big world of corporations and i unexpectedly went very angry and started breathing fast, my eye couldn't focus well, i was shaking and my heartrate went OTT.
I get that now and again, these little attacks of anger. I'm good at restraining my anger but i just felt like screaming at those people for no reason than because they were there, making waste my time doing a job i hate, i just wanted to hand in my resignation and walk out because, quite simply, i had had enough of retail.
After i managed (after an hour) of checkouts (i work a 4 hour shift and i usually have quite a bit of work to due per shift) i went back to my department, and back to work, but my heart rate just wouldnt calm down, i was still shaking even though i wasnt pissed off anymore, i felt weak and tired even though i was full of life earlier. I seriously thought i was going to have a heartattack as i could feel my heart slamming into my ribs.

All in all, i had a bad day and i wanna know if people have had worst days at work.

Share you experiences and also has any else had my symtomes as well? Shaking, heavy breathing, wild heart rate? Or am i just losing my nut. Again

Cheers.

Discuss

he sounds like a good manager you sound like a stoppy skiving teenager tbh. If i employed people in my music business i would try and sack you because you have a bad attitude which wont change until you mature (no offense)
Quote by gigadeth
he sounds like a good manager you sound like a stoppy skiving teenager tbh. If i employed people in my music business i would try and sack you because you have a bad attitude which wont change until you mature (no offense)

You don't have a job do you?

Oh wait
you do...
In conclusion to what you just said, i am NOT skiving stroppy teenager. I have only had one unauthorised day off in the 5 3/4 months i have worked there and i usually have a good day at work because i like working with electricals and helping people. It's just today i kinda got too angry.

So excuse me, Mr I-Own-My-Own-Shitty-Music-Business, please reframe from saying stuff that isn't 100% until your head is completely removed from your ass. Thank you.
Oh the irony...Stroppy teenager...
Last edited by Moggan13 at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by gigadeth

Actually, I also work at Tescos (also on the electrical department ) and in my experience, the checkout managers/team leaders are almost ALWAYS twats. They tell you you're going on the checkouts for about 15 minutes, knowing full well that you have your own work to do, yet they leave you there for a good hour or so.

TS, what I do is stay at the checkouts for EXACTLY 15 minutes. The checkout manager isn't my manager, so if she's pissed, it's not my problem. I paid my dues. Just do that next time.
Quote by Moggan13
You don't have a job do you?

Oh wait
you do...
In conclusion to what you just said, i am NOT skiving stroppy teenager. I have only had one unauthorised day off in the 5 3/4 months i have worked there and i usually have a good day at work because i like working with electricals and helping people. It's just today i kinda got too angry.

So excuse me, Mr I-Own-My-Own-Shitty-Music-Business, please reframe from saying stuff that isn't 100% until your head is completely removed from your ass. Thank you.
Oh the irony...Stroppy teenager...

you have just completely illustrated my point. go back to school if you want to piss about.
Quote by gigadeth
you have just completely illustrated my point. go back to school if you dont want to piss about.

Nah, i'll go back to college. Thanks. School was shit. It taught me how big-headed and fake people can really be.
Sorry for making a single point about having a bad day at work and wanting to vent it but you just had to make a big interllectual joke about how bigger and smarter you are over me.

Fuck off
Quote by Moggan13
Nah, i'll go back to college. Thanks. School was shit. It taught me how big-headed and fake people can really be.
Sorry for making a single point about having a bad day at work and wanting to vent it but you just had to make a big interllectual joke about how bigger and smarter you are over me.

Fuck off

not at all anyone over the age of 19 who has seen a thousand work shy kids in their companies would feel the same. tescos policy is only 1 person waiting or something..this obviously requires all hands on deck. You want to hide away feeling special in the electrical dept and not have the embarrassment of being a checkout girl..i would feel the same if i were 16 again.

You dont know the meaning of work related stress. If you had 3 kids and a mortgage to pay like some of your co workers you would change your attitude.
Last edited by gigadeth at Sep 28, 2007,
17 actually.
Yeah i know the policies mate. I had a bad day and i had so many customers and i felt angry. Ever felt that way? I bet you have sometime in your life. It's life. I just wanted to express that, you know?
Besides i do checkouts alot for overtime. i just do it because i need money. I was just really overwhelmed today.
Quote by gigadeth
not at all anyone over the age of 19 who has seen a thousand work shy kids in their companies would feel the same. tescos policy is only 1 person waiting or something..this obviously requires all hands on deck. You want to hide away feeling special in the electrical dept and not have the embarrassment of being a checkout girl..i would feel the same if i were 16 again.

You dont know the meaning of work related stress. If you had 3 kids and a mortgage to pay like some of your co workers you would change your attitude.

Good god. You must of had a bad day at work as well. You should enjoy your free time then and stop PMSing all over the forums.

Cheer up. Have a beer.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by Moggan13
17 actually.
Yeah i know the policies mate. I had a bad day and i had so many customers and i felt angry. Ever felt that way? I bet you have sometime in your life. It's life. I just wanted to express that, you know?
Besides i do checkouts alot for overtime. i just do it because i need money. I was just really overwhelmed today.

fair enough but the reason it is getting to you is the attitude. teach guitar to kids in your area..you dont have to be satriani to teach ba ba black sheep.
Quote by Moggan13
^ I had a beer earlier. It cheered me up.

Same.

Actually at times my job can be quite stress relieving. Whatever stress I have I can take it out on whatever I'm demolishing.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by Moggan13

i felt like a worthless pawn in the big world of corporations and i unexpectedly went very angry and started breathing fast, my eye couldn't focus well, i was shaking and my heartrate went OTT.
I get that now and again, these little attacks of anger. I'm good at restraining my anger but i just felt like screaming at those people for no reason than because they were there, making waste my time doing a job i hate

in the immortal words of metallica:

i want my anger to be healthy
i want my anger to be clean
i need my anger, not to control
yeah and i need to set my anger free
set it free

seriously though, this is just the first of many days, 3 days out of a 5 day work week i feel like this but guess what. you suck it up, deal with it and kick its ass. welcome to the working world. i'm with the guy who called you a skivy something or other. they got a job that needs to be done just like you do. they may be a$$holes about it, but it doesn't matter, they write the paycheck. if you really wanna get back at'em go to college and get an education and a good job where you dont have to deal with pricks like that.
Quote by z4twenny
in the immortal words of metallica:

i want my anger to be healthy
i want my anger to be clean
i need my anger, not to control
yeah and i need to set my anger free
set it free

seriously though, this is just the first of many days, 3 days out of a 5 day work week i feel like this but guess what. you suck it up, deal with it and kick its ass. welcome to the working world. i'm with the guy who called you a skivy something or other. they got a job that needs to be done just like you do. they may be a$$holes about it, but it doesn't matter, they write the paycheck. if you really wanna get back at'em go to college and get an education and a good job where you dont have to deal with pricks like that.

exactly. i went from retail face to face hell, to telephone bank stuff now to my own thing and even tho i get up at 12 and have no pissy workmates to annoy me i still get plenty aggression from customers. You become like a robot after a few years. Go get a drum kit and beat it..you cant be angry or stressed if you are exhausted.
Work related stress. Me and my co-workers drink for a reason. If we **** up we could kill one person or maybe hundreds or if we're really good at it maybe thousands. I have no room for error at work. I am the service manager for a company that provides aircraft maintenance.
I am a complete and total asshole at work. If you can't do the job the way I want the job done your gone. I don't care how good you think you are. If you can't do the the job the way I want it done don't do it. If I sound arrogant yes I am. When it comes to what I do for a living I am very good at it and yes I can be arrogant. But I am the individual that is responsible for what we put out so it gets done my way. Are the guys that work for me stressed out? Probably. I would hope so. Do we get shitfaced after work. Fuckin' A skippy we do. Do the guys I work with tell me to get rid of a worthless piece of crap they are stuck working with? Fuckin' A skippy they do. Do I like telling someone I hired they can't cut it? No. I hate it. Do I do it? Fuckin' A skippy I do. Ya I feel great after I ruin some one elses life(extreme sarcasm). But I got to protect my fellow employees, my customers and the public at large. How would you like it if kept an incompetent person on the job because I felt bad about firing him and his latest piece of work came screaming through the roof of your home, school, neighborhood, whatever and killed your friends and family? I would have a hard time living with myself. So I am an asshole. My co-workers are assholes. My boss is an asshole. Then we punch out and get shitfaced.
Beats the hell out of running a cash register.
gigadeth, I haven't decided if I like you yet or not.
Do you have 3 kids and a mortgage?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Work related stress. Me and my co-workers drink for a reason. If we **** up we could kill one person or maybe hundreds or if we're really good at it maybe thousands. I have no room for error at work. I am the service manager for a company that provides aircraft maintenance.
I am a complete and total asshole at work. If you can't do the job the way I want the job done your gone. I don't care how good you think you are. If you can't do the the job the way I want it done don't do it. If I sound arrogant yes I am. When it comes to what I do for a living I am very good at it and yes I can be arrogant. But I am the individual that is responsible for what we put out so it gets done my way. Are the guys that work for me stressed out? Probably. I would hope so. Do we get shitfaced after work. Fuckin' A skippy we do. Do the guys I work with tell me to get rid of a worthless piece of crap they are stuck working with? Fuckin' A skippy they do. Do I like telling someone I hired they can't cut it? No. I hate it. Do I do it? Fuckin' A skippy I do. Ya I feel great after I ruin some one elses life(extreme sarcasm). But I got to protect my fellow employees, my customers and the public at large. How would you like it if kept an incompetent person on the job because I felt bad about firing him and his latest piece of work came screaming through the roof of your home, school, neighborhood, whatever and killed your friends and family? I would have a hard time living with myself. So I am an asshole. My co-workers are assholes. My boss is an asshole. Then we punch out and get shitfaced.
Beats the hell out of running a cash register.
gigadeth, I haven't decided if I like you yet or not.
Do you have 3 kids and a mortgage?

i was emphasisng the fact the weight of the world is yet to fall on this kids sholders. you sound like you are a slave to the grind.
I used to work in a prison as a Correctional Officer (Guard).
Try that one if you really want to have a lot of crappy days at work.

and to Jackal58:
I know where you are coming from. At the prison, my inattentiveness could get someone killed (guard, inmate, visiting dignitaries, etc).
I also used to work for NASA and did a lot of work on various space shuttles and others stuff (Mars Rover, Galileo, etc.) . **** up there and maybe someone dies, or maybe just the latest 10 billion dollar toys turns into space junk millions of miles away from the nearest NASA service center.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by CodeMonk
I used to work in a prison as a Correctional Officer (Guard).
Try that one if you really want to have a lot of crappy days at work.

ha. did you ever deal with the aryan brotherhood?. Never work with scum because you become them.
Quote by gigadeth
i was emphasisng the fact the weight of the world is yet to fall on this kids sholders. you sound like you are a slave to the grind.

Damn straight I like grind.

You sound like a dippy hippy from the '60s still living on a commune.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Damn straight I like grind.

You sound like a dippy hippy from the '60s still living on a commune.

because i dont work in a pit digging for coal?. all credit to manual labour but ill stick to the easy life
Quote by CodeMonk
gigadeth yes I did.
I had to deal with them and all the other fun boys clubs.

I quit in 1995 after doing it for 6 years.

jesus that shiet is so fuked up. Pretty interesting the codes they used to get messages out. so ironic the ringleader is a jew..he has a star of david and swastika tattoo..
be glad you have a job mate. I took a gap year and finally got a job offer but 1 week before I was due to move. I even applied to tesco and got rejected (yes, I have well above average qualifications aswell but they don't even ask for that). I'm not sure why they rejected me so I tried to ring them for a couple of weeks. Everytime I actually got through, the person was conveniently in a meeting or on lunch break (at 5pm!) and there was only 1 person I could talk to. When I asked them if they had job vacancies, they said they were desperate. It hurts when noone wants you.
Your bad days are easy.
Quote by gigadeth
because i dont work in a pit digging for coal?. all credit to manual labour but ill stick to the easy life

Methinks I'm starting to like you.
I gave up digging coal a long time ago.
You still haven't answered my question.
Go fill in your profile and give me a little info about who I am sparring with.
And welcome to UG.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Methinks I'm starting to like you.
I gave up digging coal a long time ago.
You still haven't answered my question.
Go fill in your profile and give me a little info about who I am sparring with.
And welcome to UG.

I never dug coal but I worked on my dads horse ranch shoveling horse sh1t 12 hours a day when I was 16 - 19
Quote by CodeMonk
I never dug coal but I worked on my dads horse ranch shoveling horse sh1t 12 hours a day when I was 16 - 19

Grew up on a dairy farm. No stranger to a shovel or shit
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by untalented
be glad you have a job mate. I took a gap year and finally got a job offer but 1 week before I was due to move. I even applied to tesco and got rejected (yes, I have well above average qualifications aswell but they don't even ask for that). I'm not sure why they rejected me so I tried to ring them for a couple of weeks. Everytime I actually got through, the person was conveniently in a meeting or on lunch break (at 5pm!) and there was only 1 person I could talk to. When I asked them if they had job vacancies, they said they were desperate. It hurts when noone wants you.
Your bad days are easy.

do you have a mohican?. facial piercings?. bad hygene?. go to a job agency mate..they are the back door to employment. You will get a job no time at all.

Jackal i have a mortgage but i have no kids yet.
i don't have a mohican, piercings or BO. I'm going to uni now so I don't really need a job in this city... but yeah, shoulda joined an agency. I shoulda asked the pit how to get a job. Kinda my bad.
Quote by untalented
i don't have a mohican, piercings or BO. I'm going to uni now so I don't really need a job in this city... but yeah, shoulda joined an agency. I shoulda asked the pit how to get a job. Kinda my bad.

search or kelly or yourjob are some of the big ones. they take a cut but will get you a cushy callcenter position. Why dont you teach guitar as well?.
Yay, a chance to rant!

For the past year i've been working for a certain company Lo**s as a commercial loader, pretty self explanatory, when commercial customers come in with a big order, I get it ready for them, only problem is that they don't understand that they need to contact us ahead of time, so I end up with a group of guys twice my size watching me load up all their crap for em, anywhere from 500. - 20,000.00 worth of building materials.... I'm not talking light fixtures, electrical wire... I'm talking 30 80lb bags of concrete... 16 foot treated boards ( if you've lifted still wet treated lumber, you know it sucks ass ) So they continue to watch me as I load up their stuff, and have the nerve to complain that it's taking too long.. And while i'm loading up their items, I have anywhere from 2 - 5 other people waiting on me to load up their meaningless odds and ends, like their roofing felt... come on you bastards, theres two of yas, it weighs 25 lbs, then I get to listen to them complain that I didn't help them first. Rinse, and repeat.

If it's not a contractor , it's usually a woman who was sent in by their husband to pick up some "lumber" .... What type of lumber does this woman need?!?! She... has... no... damn clue... But , alas, I must get it for her, after an hour of trying to call her hubby to see wtf he wanted, she figures it out mkay, oh by the way, we want the cheapest wood you have, but we want it to be perfect! .... No such animal ma'am ... Also, I get a lot of these people who buy a whole pallet of 80lb bags of concrete ( 42 bags ) But are too cheap to pay 12.00 for the pallet... wow, ok yes sir/Ma'am, i'll get right on loading all of this up for you because your too damn cheap to pay a REFUNDABLE 12.00 for the pallet , AND too lazy to actually help me with YOUR stuff.

So yeah, amongst my main job, I also end up having to pick up the slack of management not being able to hire responsible people, or any people for that matter, so I pretty much get to run a small store by myself, excluding the sales specialists who do the special order type stuff... I've probably seen about ohhh... at least 40 people quit in just the area that I work around, we are supposed to have 8 full time Building material associates, well, we have 1 , and he works the opposite shift as I... So during my regular duties of loading people, I get to unload trucks, simple enough yeah? Not really when I spend over an hour just trying to find someone to spot for me ( someone at all times has to watch you drive the forklift, you cannot move it, raise the mast or any such animal without someone watching you ) So then I get to listen to the truck driver complain about how it's my fault it's taking too long... Then I get to go back inside to listen to more customers complain that they've been waiting around for ever... " Go to the other end of the store, theres about 20 employees standing around straightening lightbulbs and checking to see which chair is the most comfy. "

Then I move all the lovely lumber and such into the building, and sat them on the isle, take me a 10 min smoke break, and come back to having to find another spotter, then the mission is to put all the truck up, i'm sure most have seen em driving down the road, those big ass trailers that have large amounts of lumber on them that make you weary about passing em? Even though, the overall responsability of unloading trucks is receivings job, they only have 7 people working back there, so they are just too utterly busy to deal with it....

Then the beloved delivery drivers... They are responsable for taking orders for customers to be sent out to their property, guess what I get every morning, THEIR paperwork on what needs to be gathered up... Wow.... Managers comments please? " Uhh yeah, they are uhmm, running behind on some other things " Like what?! I can see them in plain site sitting down in the office sniffing markers!

Oh, and I get paid LESS then a cashier. about 2.00 less on average, new cashiers mind you... Not, been here for years and years type people, but just random guys and gals who like omahgah don't wanna get dirty.

Oh yeah, gloves, as you know working around lumber and stuff, you pretty much gotta have a pair of gloves, a company should provide these to ya yes? Sure do, in XXlarge, pretty nice considering I were small... A nice pair of rugged leather gloves for heavy duty use, lasts me about 2 weeks... 15.00 each... 30.00 a month

I was once punched in the back for not "loading" some 4x4's on a guys truck once... Yes, I was not loading them right so I deserved to be punched, the great thing about living in America though, and probably any other place, is that nocking a bastard out for hitting you first, is perfectly legal, even on a job site, the rest of the day I was happy, for once.

All of this plus many other things that goes on at my workplace has turned me into a real asshole... So yeah, next time ya head into a lumber area of a retail store, please take a moment to look around at the surroundings, do you only see one or two employees, does the area look like ****? Don't be an asshat, approach us calmly, if you have to wait, tough **** , they've probably been waiting months for a .10 cent raise. Need something loaded? Awesome, would be more then glad to help with that, want it loaded a certain , perfect, way? You should consider doing it yourself, cause we don't lift beyond the tailgate ... Oh, and you crazy people out there who think your going to fit a 16 foot board in your KIA, or VW .... GTFO
Quote by Viper100FM
Yay, a chance to rant!

For the past year i've been working for a certain company Lo**s as a commercial loader, pretty self explanatory, when commercial customers come in with a big order, I get it ready for them, only problem is that they don't understand that they need to contact us ahead of time, so I end up with a group of guys twice my size watching me load up all their crap for em, anywhere from 500. - 20,000.00 worth of building materials.... I'm not talking light fixtures, electrical wire... I'm talking 30 80lb bags of concrete... 16 foot treated boards ( if you've lifted still wet treated lumber, you know it sucks ass ) So they continue to watch me as I load up their stuff, and have the nerve to complain that it's taking too long.. And while i'm loading up their items, I have anywhere from 2 - 5 other people waiting on me to load up their meaningless odds and ends, like their roofing felt... come on you bastards, theres two of yas, it weighs 25 lbs, then I get to listen to them complain that I didn't help them first. Rinse, and repeat.

If it's not a contractor , it's usually a woman who was sent in by their husband to pick up some "lumber" .... What type of lumber does this woman need?!?! She... has... no... damn clue... But , alas, I must get it for her, after an hour of trying to call her hubby to see wtf he wanted, she figures it out mkay, oh by the way, we want the cheapest wood you have, but we want it to be perfect! .... No such animal ma'am ... Also, I get a lot of these people who buy a whole pallet of 80lb bags of concrete ( 42 bags ) But are too cheap to pay 12.00 for the pallet... wow, ok yes sir/Ma'am, i'll get right on loading all of this up for you because your too damn cheap to pay a REFUNDABLE 12.00 for the pallet , AND too lazy to actually help me with YOUR stuff.

So yeah, amongst my main job, I also end up having to pick up the slack of management not being able to hire responsible people, or any people for that matter, so I pretty much get to run a small store by myself, excluding the sales specialists who do the special order type stuff... I've probably seen about ohhh... at least 40 people quit in just the area that I work around, we are supposed to have 8 full time Building material associates, well, we have 1 , and he works the opposite shift as I... So during my regular duties of loading people, I get to unload trucks, simple enough yeah? Not really when I spend over an hour just trying to find someone to spot for me ( someone at all times has to watch you drive the forklift, you cannot move it, raise the mast or any such animal without someone watching you ) So then I get to listen to the truck driver complain about how it's my fault it's taking too long... Then I get to go back inside to listen to more customers complain that they've been waiting around for ever... " Go to the other end of the store, theres about 20 employees standing around straightening lightbulbs and checking to see which chair is the most comfy. "

Then I move all the lovely lumber and such into the building, and sat them on the isle, take me a 10 min smoke break, and come back to having to find another spotter, then the mission is to put all the truck up, i'm sure most have seen em driving down the road, those big ass trailers that have large amounts of lumber on them that make you weary about passing em? Even though, the overall responsability of unloading trucks is receivings job, they only have 7 people working back there, so they are just too utterly busy to deal with it....

Then the beloved delivery drivers... They are responsable for taking orders for customers to be sent out to their property, guess what I get every morning, THEIR paperwork on what needs to be gathered up... Wow.... Managers comments please? " Uhh yeah, they are uhmm, running behind on some other things " Like what?! I can see them in plain site sitting down in the office sniffing markers!

Oh, and I get paid LESS then a cashier. about 2.00 less on average, new cashiers mind you... Not, been here for years and years type people, but just random guys and gals who like omahgah don't wanna get dirty.

Oh yeah, gloves, as you know working around lumber and stuff, you pretty much gotta have a pair of gloves, a company should provide these to ya yes? Sure do, in XXlarge, pretty nice considering I were small... A nice pair of rugged leather gloves for heavy duty use, lasts me about 2 weeks... 15.00 each... 30.00 a month

I was once punched in the back for not "loading" some 4x4's on a guys truck once... Yes, I was not loading them right so I deserved to be punched, the great thing about living in America though, and probably any other place, is that nocking a bastard out for hitting you first, is perfectly legal, even on a job site, the rest of the day I was happy, for once.

All of this plus many other things that goes on at my workplace has turned me into a real asshole... So yeah, next time ya head into a lumber area of a retail store, please take a moment to look around at the surroundings, do you only see one or two employees, does the area look like ****? Don't be an asshat, approach us calmly, if you have to wait, tough **** , they've probably been waiting months for a .10 cent raise. Need something loaded? Awesome, would be more then glad to help with that, want it loaded a certain , perfect, way? You should consider doing it yourself, cause we don't lift beyond the tailgate ... Oh, and you crazy people out there who think your going to fit a 16 foot board in your KIA, or VW .... GTFO

k
Quote by untalented
Your bad days are easy.

I know, i'm alright today. I might go an apologise to the guy for being a twat yesterday. He was just doing his job, nothing to it. I should have just bottled down and worked and not got stressed.
People have it much worse than me.

I blame my hormones.
Again
Last edited by Moggan13 at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by Moggan13
I know, i'm alright today. I might go an apologise to the guy for being a twat yesterday. He was just doing his job, nothing to it. I should have just bottled down and worked and not got stressed.
People have it much worse than me.

I blame my hormones.
Again

It's ok we all have bad days at work. Your boss may not have even noticed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 2