Can anyone in the Chicago area recommend a good guiter repair/restoration shop. I'm in Park Ridge so anything in the NW suburbs would be preferable, but I'll take a drive into the city for the best work.

I've got an '85 Kramer Baretta that has some fret buzz on the low E that I'd like to get taken care of. I've also got an '85 Kramer Pacer Imperial that needs a complete tune up and some paint touchups (chips) and polishing. I've also got another '85 Kramer Pacer Imperial that is in parts and needs to be assembled and set up.
Kramer: 85 Baretta, 84 Pacer Imperial, 85 Pacer Imperial
Gibson 68 LP Custom Shop
Fender 69 Strat
Mesa Roadster 2x12
THD Hotplate
Digitech WH-1
Ibanez TS808
Dunlop 535QC
MXR: Distortion III, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, 10 Band EQ, DC Brick
the south burbs has a place called Player's. phone number is 708-671-0710. They do amazing work and are not expensive. Rumor has it that they do most of the fix ups for touring bands when they come through.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
where in the south burbs is it because im from the western suburbs and i've been looking for a good place
6961 West 111th Street, Worth, IL 60482
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Minstrel Music on Milwaukee in Niles. I've been going there for almost 8 years and they have always got me great deals. I don't know where in Park Ridge you are but if you go east on Dempster turn right onto Milwaukee its on the left hand side before Walgreens. If you take Oakton turn left onto Milwaukee it's just past the Walgreens.

I have sent most of my guitars there for any sort of work and would trust them with my gear anyday.

I live in Des Plaines and it takes me 15-20 minutes to get there so it shouldn't take long.
+1 on minstril music. also you can go to tim schroeder guitar repair shop.

the location slips my mind but it is at downtown chicago, right next to Make n Music (a guitar shop that every guitarist in the chicago area needs to go to, it has tons of boutique guitars and amps)
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
I was born in Park Ridge .

I bring my stuff to Hix Brothers Music (Batavia and Aurora) and they've always done a good job.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.