For about a year and a half now, the housing market has been in a huge slump here in America- recently its gotten to the point of 70% forclosure -and the company my dad formerly worked at has been laying off people for about that long. A couple weeks ago, my dad was laid off, and he's the breadwinner of the family. My mom has been out of work for longer. Basically, both of my parents have been unemployed for several weeks now. Up until recently- today -in fact, I had no idea how bad it was.

Of course, I knew it was bad, horrible, that my parents were receiving no money at all, there was no paycheck to look forward to, we had to cut back to the bare minimum, but today I told my mom I had to buy a copy of "In Cold Blood" for english class, and she said we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Now, I can buy the book myself, and I plan on applying around to jobs, but that's not the point. The point is, I have no idea what the hell is going on, and what's worse, I have no idea what's going to happen in the next couple of months, or even weeks. And that scares me so much, I've even started crying a couple of times. I guess I never really realized how bad it would turn out, and how awesome my life is now.

Lately, my only comfort has been music and a girl I've become very close with lately ( ), so I'm just gonna keep with that, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading, those of you who did, and sorry to the mods, you can close it if you need to (like you need permission , and Dready gave me ranting permission anyways...pssh)
Quote by Izz
Do you have any account we can send you money to?

Heh, I'm not asking for money, but I guess you can send to me if you want to PM me for the address o_O
Quote by MastaBassist10
Heh, I'm not asking for money, but I guess you can send to me if you want to PM me for the address o_O

If it gets real tight I might consider doing that yeah.
Sorry about that man. That sucks, I have no advice but I guess just help your family out in time of need. So I'm sorry about that and My best wishes for you man.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Quote by Izz
Do you have any account we can send you money to?

lol. I was made redundant once..not so bad if you have qualifications and can get another job. Fortunately the house price thing wont happen in the UK because there is a massive housing shortage..too many immigrants here. At least i hope it doesnt happen cos ive got 100k in equity.
move 2 new orleans. your dad should b needed there. i understand its still pretty bad down there, and if you moved down there, they would hav houses, and u would hav money.
Quote by bass7player21
move 2 new orleans. your dad should b needed there. i understand its still pretty bad down there, and if you moved down there, they would hav houses, and u would hav money.

How would they move without money?

And I doubt they would be that interested in taking such a risk if they have it tight with money...
Quote by bass7player21

Thanks for posting here, clicking on those links in your sig made me feel better. I like giving back to the world.
That sucks to hear, man...I'm having a hell of a time finding a job at the moment, mainly because I live in a tiny-ass redneck town with no jobs, and I have no money to move.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by bass7player21

I understand the fact that "Home Ownership" is foreign to the vast majority of UGers.
Most of you still live with your parents. Thats not a bad thing and I'm not pitching a bitch
about the fact. Having a mortgage is an anchor. If you can't sell your home moving to better yourself is next to impossible. "Move to New Orleans" a great idea if you rent.
If you got to sell your home to move it ain't going to happen with any speed in the good ol' U.S. of A at the moment. I've been looking to move out of Michigan for over 2 years now and the job offers are there for me but I simply can't move. I owe more on my home at the moment than I can sell it for. Sucks to be me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I understand the fact that "Home Ownership" is foreign to the vast majority of UGers.
Most of you still live with your parents. Thats not a bad thing and I'm not pitching a bitch
about the fact. Having a mortgage is an anchor. If you can't sell your home moving to better yourself is next to impossible. "Move to New Orleans" a great idea if you rent.
If you got to sell your home to move it ain't going to happen with any speed in the good ol' U.S. of A at the moment. I've been looking to move out of Michigan for over 2 years now and the job offers are there for me but I simply can't move. I owe more on my home at the moment than I can sell it for. Sucks to be me.

'ive been livin in michigan
'ive been dreamin of a ticket outta here'
Quote by gigadeth
'ive been livin in michigan
'ive been dreamin of a ticket outta here'

Yeah dude, I'm really sorry to hear about what's been going down in MI lately, I'm just glad I don't live there. Good luck with that who situation up there
Live day to day, man. Just day to day.

I've been in similar situations over the past 4 years. Sometimes worse, sometimes better. My mom is now, for the second time, stuck with a house that has a high rent, only has a single job, and I can't get a job for another 4 months, for my lack of being able to drive and not having a car/ride to get to work and back.

Even with my dad being able to pay child support regularly now, we have no idea what our future holds.

I've had to move 6 times in the last 3 1/2 years, my mom has been through 3 jobs, and it's been hard.

But, we've got through it. It's not a time full of positive thoughts, or lots of joy, but just keep on keepin' on. Keep yourself motivated, positive thoughts about the future are key. Don't let thingsd hold you back, or keep you down.

Just live day to day. Don't dwell on the negatives.

I'm pulling fo ya, though, man. I sincerely hope for the best
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Welcome to the club dude, it only gets worse from here, trust me.
Spastic Ink
tough times are simply a test of a mans character. you'll pull through, people always do.

I'm not saying this cause it sounds liek a comforting cliche thing to say. but because its true.

i've sold a couple guitars to eat before.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by MastaBassist10
For about a year and a half now, the housing market has been in a huge slump here in America- recently its gotten to the point of 70% forclosure -and the company my dad formerly worked at has been laying off people for about that long. A couple weeks ago, my dad was laid off, and he's the breadwinner of the family. My mom has been out of work for longer. Basically, both of my parents have been unemployed for several weeks now. Up until recently- today -in fact, I had no idea how bad it was.

Of course, I knew it was bad, horrible, that my parents were receiving no money at all, there was no paycheck to look forward to, we had to cut back to the bare minimum, but today I told my mom I had to buy a copy of "In Cold Blood" for english class, and she said we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Now, I can buy the book myself, and I plan on applying around to jobs, but that's not the point. The point is, I have no idea what the hell is going on, and what's worse, I have no idea what's going to happen in the next couple of months, or even weeks. And that scares me so much, I've even started crying a couple of times. I guess I never really realized how bad it would turn out, and how awesome my life is now.

Lately, my only comfort has been music and a girl I've become very close with lately ( ), so I'm just gonna keep with that, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading, those of you who did, and sorry to the mods, you can close it if you need to (like you need permission , and Dready gave me ranting permission anyways...pssh)

You see the only solution is to cut off your penis...if you have sex with her you're genna need to buy condoms which you cant do, and if you get her pregnant then a baby is genna cost a whole lot more

but seriously, you could get a job and do what you can....think of all the money your parents have spent on you
Quote by MastaBassist10

don't worry too much. you guys aren't gonna die. worst case scenario, you guys will all have to get less than stellar jobs and each chip in so that you can live modestly. but I know all about the stresses of your family losing their income. I went through that a few years ago, and people close to me are going through it now.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by MastaBassist10

Yeah, I'll consider that next month when i actually have money...
Shiit sorry dude... I cant believe the american economy is collapsing though, this is nuts...

/regrets not saving money for imminent depression
Crap man, I think I remember you saying something about this in Chat a while ago.

At least you got that girl. She hawt!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Shiit sorry dude... I cant believe the american economy is collapsing though, this is nuts...

/regrets not saving money for imminent depression

I "Hope" the U.S. economy is not collapsing. The housing/mortgage market took a dump
but I have been expecting that to happen for a couple of years though.
The state of Mi. is in the dumper at the moment but not the entire country. And if the U.S. economy does collapse I believe it would take the entire planet with it. So lets hope we don't go there.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.