I have a few problems with the trem on my MIM strat.

First the guy at the store I got it from was trying out different arms and forced it in sideways so now my bar sits in crooked, high and at a certain point barely moves.

Second the damn thing never stays in tune. Some times I'll hear/feel something like it rubbing against the pickguard but I checked and I don't think it is. I tried a different number and different kinds of springs I have laying around, moved the claw in and out, put graphite in the nut and I have a new but broken in set of strings. Nothing works, if I use it lightly it still goes out.

Is there any way of fixing or should I get a new trem? It's a six point so if I need a new one can anyone recommend a good one?
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
with the rubbing noise check on the back plate, i used to have that problem a lot with my trem bar because it has this really annoying (and useless) plate holding the springs on

with the whole going out of tune, thats is going to happen no matter what, unless you get a floyd rose system, or locking tuners

as for the arm problem i could only guess that he used the wrong sized arm or a screw arm where there needs to be a pop in