Page 1 of 2
that never gets old. Lately I've been suffering (as if you could suffer in a case like this) from what I like to call "That One Songitis." The past few weeks I've listened to the same song as soon as I wake up, as soon as I get home from school, and as many times after that as I can until I have to go to bed. I have repeated this process a good 50 times and I've yet to get tired of this song. Anyone else suffer from the same problem as me? (For those curious as to what song I'm obsessed with...It's Tool's Lateralus. To me, it has to be one of the most amazing songs ever written, but that's open for speculation.)
Coheed and Cambria's 'Welcome Home' still amazes me the same way it did the first time I heard it.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Lateralus is one of my favorites as well

it's never that severe for me but i do have some days where there's a certain song i just can't get enough of
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Happens to me all the time, eventually I get tired of it and move on to another song.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Pantera's Hollow, Cemetery Gates, or This Love. Which ever one I listen to first in the day, I'll probly listen to that all day.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
I used to adore Parabol/Parabola. But I just pressed "Next track" twice and now I'm on Lateralus. Eventually I'll make it to the end of the album. XD
i have by the way by the chili peppers as my alarm clock songs,so i wake up to it every morning, its been that way for over a year and i still haven't gotten sick of it.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Lol Tool. Anyway, for me at the moment it's pretty much every track off of Interpol's Turn on the Bright Lights (except Roland) as well as Lullabye by Grizzly Bear.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

i've been like that for about 4 months now, led zeps stairway to heaven..
Quote by hehepupitre
I used to adore Parabol/Parabola. But I just pressed "Next track" twice and now I'm on Lateralus. Eventually I'll make it to the end of the album. XD

You should go backwards to Ticks & Leeches instead, I was kind of disappointed with the rest of the album after Lateralus to be honest.
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by Garret.
You should go backwards to Ticks & Leeches instead, I was kind of disappointed with the rest of the album after Lateralus to be honest.

After I rearranged the tracks to form the "Holy Gift" Maynard talked about, the "bad tracks" at the end of the standard album made the Holy Gift more complete. I love the rearranged version a hell of a lot more than the standard and I've come to appreciate the musical value of the final 3 tracks on the standard album.
The Used - The Ripper has a really cathy chorus.
Pretty much any used song gets me.
Most of NOFX is pretty addictive too.
A Dark Passage by Blind Guardian

Valinor's empty
Now allied the elves and men
They shall be damned!!!
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by hehepupitre
After I rearranged the tracks to form the "Holy Gift" Maynard talked about, the "bad tracks" at the end of the standard album made the Holy Gift more complete. I love the rearranged version a hell of a lot more than the standard and I've come to appreciate the musical value of the final 3 tracks on the standard album.

I didn't say they were "bad" I was just disappointed because the first part of the Album was 10x better that the last part. However, What order do you have to put the songs in to get the "Holy Grail"? I've heard of it before but I've never tried it, doesn't it have to do with the Fibonacci sequence and whatnot?
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by Garret.
I didn't say they were "bad" I was just disappointed because the first part of the Album was 10x better that the last part. However, What order do you have to put the songs in to get the "Holy Grail"? I've heard of it before but I've never tried it, doesn't it have to do with the Fibonacci sequence and whatnot?
http://www.peteofthestreet.net/sayz/C1151806467/E1494764863/
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
i have albums like that. instead of songs i listen to all the time, its albums. it was train of thought by dream theater for a while. now its either damnation by opeth or aenima by tool.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
6,7,5,8,4,9,13,1,12,2,11,3,10-Holy Gift.

1,2,3,5,8,13,4,6,7,9,10,11,12-Fibonacci Sequence

6,7,5,8,4,9,3,10,2,11,1,12,13-Lateralus Prophecy.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
feeling this-blink 182

the vocal layering at the end is pretty awesome.

Edit: Can someone explain to me the reason behind reordering the tracks on that album or whatever you're doing?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Sep 28, 2007,
I used to be obsessed with Opeth's entire "Morningrise" album. I forced myself to not listen to it too much though, so I didn't kill it. Lately, I've been really into "Felonies of the Chrisitian Art" by Old Man's Child. It's basically amazing.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
yeah tool!

anywho, the current one im stuck on is nottingham lace/binge and grab. happens to me a lot

but yeah lateralus is amazing
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
I didn't read this thread, I probably never will. I just wanted to say...
Me gusta la palabra 'pupitre' porque...

IT SOUNDS LIKE POOPY TRAY, HOW COOL IS THAT?

edit: Okay, I read some of it.

I've had The Navy Song by Billy Talent stuck in my head for at least two months, never get tired of it. I constantly go to my myspace to listen to it since it's my profile song.
"The poor didn't want this one."
Domination by Pantera and Me Vs. Maradonna Vs. Elvis by Brand New
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by RentACar
The Used - The Ripper has a really cathy chorus.
Pretty much any used song gets me.
Most of NOFX is pretty addictive too.

We Threw Gasoline on the Fire... by NOFX is a VERY addictive song.
One of my favorites
Crazy On You by Heart. I've listened to that song so many times in a row and it never gets old.
I will listen to NIN albums over and over and over in a day.
Don't know if that counts though.
I have to say, Lateralus by Tool is f*cking awesome.
The Sleepwalker by Cat Power... Dunno why I can't get enough of it...

Also hooker with a penis by Tool... Some reason, it always makes me happy inside.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I've had this happen a few times. Unfortunately, I never want to listen to It's The End of the World again.

Songs I've done it with:

It's the End of the World As We Know It - R.E.M.
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Only A Lad - Oingo Boingo
Beelzeboss - Tenacious D

And currently:

Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys
the song i will never, ever get tired of is song for the dead-queens of the stone age. dave grohl is the best drummer in the freakin world and that song shows it
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
I've tried to resist doing this, but I think that this needs to be done right now.

The Millionaire Waltz

/thread
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Machine Head- Halo

long, but Machine Head are one of the only bands that can make 9 minute songs that don't get boring
Quote by theToXiCWaLTZ
Machine Head- Halo

long, but Machine Head are one of the only bands that can make 9 minute songs that don't get boring

I never really liked Halo. :-/ Maybe I just need to keep listening.
I was like that with heartshape box for two months, yet I had that song for ages and just started to enjoy it recently for some reason O.o
Oh noes!
Page 1 of 2