title says it all. every magazine i buy has songs in it that have tremolo picking. but i cant figure out what it is, and i cant find any lesons on it. Help???????????????

picking single notes very fast
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
so its basically like master of puppets all over again??? lol (song used as reference, i dont know if they actually used it in the song.)
Quote by sniper_wolf90
so its basically like master of puppets all over again??? lol (song used as reference, i dont know if they actually used it in the song.)
master of puppets=no trem, except if you want to do whammy harmonics on the 2nd solo

tremolo pucking is like 00:30 of eruption by van halen. it sounds like

-12-12-12-12-12-12-14-14-16-16-16, etc, but it really is

(?=trem picking)
-12(?)-14(?)-16(?), etc.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 28, 2007,
alternate picking very fast
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
i can't tremelo pick to save my life. It's beyond me for some reason. It's not a really common technique so i don't worry about it too much.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Tremolo is a word not exclusive to guitar. Tremolo is the rapid repetition of ONE NOTE to create the illusion of sustain. Ergo, tremolo picking is the rapid repition of one note by picking extremely fast (creating the auditory illusion that you're not in fact tremolo picking).

Tremelo is a municipality in Italy.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
When I first started playing, I used to get confused between tremolo picking and using the trem whilst picking.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Check out this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycrJULVlSY

The note that it seems like it has a endless sustain, is the one that is tremolo picked.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS