Hey all,
Recently i was playing my Crate v16 Palomino, and everything was working fine until all of a sudden i got a sudden volume cut. I would say it dropped down to about half the volume that i had it set on. I think this has something to do with the tubes, but im not sure which ones. I need help figuring out whatever the problem is because its delaying my playing all help is appreciated. thanks.
Schecter Blackjack
Mesa F-30
Line 6 Verbzilla
Bad Monkey
FAB Chorus
Any static or noise anywhere? When you turn the volume or other knobs is it scratchy sounding? Does it sound normal just half as loud, or has the tone changed? Buzzing or humming? Speaker making any funny noises? Did you buy the amp new and how long have you had it? Were you playing the volume maxed out when it happened? Has it ever happened before?
IS there any hum or anything that should be there that you can hear? Is any of the tubes glowin different to the others in the amp? Also hit a pencil lightly on them and if one of them pings or makes a sound then that is usually the dead tube.
I just turned the amp on to try it agian, and this time i did get some static like noise. When i turn the knobs i just get the static like noise(mabey a little scratchy) To me it dosent really sound like the tone changed at all, just the volume. It does hum, but it always hums a little bit. The speaker seems to be fine. I bought the amp new in June of this year. I was only playing it on a little less than half volume when it happened. It hasent ever happened before.
Schecter Blackjack
Mesa F-30
Line 6 Verbzilla
Bad Monkey
FAB Chorus
Also check your cable. It can also be a bad input jack or wiring problem too.
I just wiggled my 1spot power adapter for my pedals and the buzz+ the power cut was fixed. So hopefully thats all it was .
Schecter Blackjack
Mesa F-30
Line 6 Verbzilla
Bad Monkey
FAB Chorus