Disclaimer: Yes, this is "the pit." Out of all the immature jokes and conversations here, I have seen some reasonable thought-provoking ones arise. So if anyone is at all interested in some stimuli I'd like to hear your thoughts on these thoughts.

Everyone envisions the stoner as a slow individual; a person who finds it hard to communicate with others. The two seem connected, and they are, but only one is true. An adverse but often sought reaction from cannabis is an intra-personal journey, a venture inside ourselves, temporarily offshooting the thoughts and opinions of others to better develop our own. This effect makes us socially unstable in that moment because we are, in fact, not focusing on others. When others attempt to contact us, we become slightly distraught and it may take a moment for us to clue in. Hense, the "slowness." In reality our minds are operating on a level much different, and faster, then their sober mind. Our mind is on an overdrive of ideas, in the last gear, one poping up after another, all related, usually.

The typical "burnout", I imagine, is someone who has experienced too much of that scenario. A person who has become so wrapped up in themselves, their own hectic, slowly becoming predominant new thought process that they lose touch and quite literally forget how to socialize. Man, being the social predator that he instinctually is, will pick up on these inadequacies both in themself, and therefore spawn a feeling of inadequacy, or in others to see the others as an unworthy social class predecessor. Either way, this thought will become contagious with time, and the "burnout" will be made to feel as exactly that.

So basically the thing that interested me most about this thought is the possibility that a "burnout" is not so much created by the drug, the drug is only a prequel to a social campaign that may bring down the individual's spirit and leave him a seclusive social mess.

Thoughts?

Playing guitar is NOT a sport.

Let the RABBITS wear GLASSES
]
Right, but these amazing experiences and ideas don't continue on to the sober mind? Your argument doesn't make any sense. Using high-school level words and proper grammar doesn't give your ideas credibility.
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
I went to my 25th high school reunion 7 years ago. Traveled from Mi. back to Pa. only because a very good friend of mine wanted me to attend with him. The "burn outs" from my high school
school days are now qualified to run for public office. I am so happy I gave up the "bud" when I did. There is a reason I don't go to the "One and only drug thread". You guys are all so much smarter than me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Thats a great point; I think i could say the same for myself.

However, a few of my stoner burnout friends are like seriously total morons. I'm afraid that every time I smoke with them they might just run out of brain cells and die.

However; to your original question, obviously if not for the drug than this would not exist.

=/

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
according to your theory, "stoners" or "burnouts" are high ALL the time, which im sure for the most part is untrue. usually people that are called burnouts are slow when not high and when high, for your theory to have credibility you'd have to explain why they're slow when they're sober
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Calgone
Right, but these amazing experiences and ideas don't continue on to the sober mind? Your argument doesn't make any sense. Using high-school level words and proper grammar doesn't give your ideas credibility.

You can't argue that when you're stoned you're in a wholly different state of mind. Marijuana stimulates creativity which could also spawn ideas that the sober mind wouldn't. Never in my paragraph did I state that it's impossible that those thoughts be concieved through a sober mind, simply that it's more difficult for them to resonate that way, causing misunderstandings between the 2 different states of mind.

Quote by ep1kz
according to your theory, "stoners" or "burnouts" are high ALL the time, which im sure for the most part is untrue. usually people that are called burnouts are slow when not high and when high, for your theory to have credibility you'd have to explain why they're slow when they're sober

I never said all, I said burnouts may be caused by being high an excessive precentage of the time. Stoner =/= burnout. Stoners can smoke in moderation. And I gave my thought on when they were sober when I talked about them "forgetting how to be social" aswell as in my last sentence.

On another note, thanks for the replies. Keep pointing out any flaws with my thoughts. I'd do the same for you.

]
Last edited by Salvial at Sep 28, 2007,
you say pot stimulates creativity...it actually just keeps theTHC (happyness) valve in your brain open, it's not excatly creativeness, but everything works better when you're happy, look at fun drinking vs getting drunk to dumb the pain
you raise some good points....but no...druggies aren't smarter than us sober ppl
oh, and you are right about one thing, stoners are on a different level, but not a higher one
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ep1kz

I dunno, I never seen my stoner friends sober.
Oh noes!
Not to sound rude, but tell me something I don't know.

However, I don't think "burnouts" are seclusive social messes.
Quote by ChaoticVengence
you say pot stimulates creativity...it actually just keeps theTHC (happyness) valve in your brain open, it's not excatly creativeness, but everything works better when you're happy, look at fun drinking vs getting drunk to dumb the pain
you raise some good points....but no...druggies aren't smarter than us sober ppl
oh, and you are right about one thing, stoners are on a different level, but not a higher one

The point was it's always demonized as a lower one, which it shouldn't be. Just a different one. Yes, marijuana releases your dopamine receptors making your body feel "rewarded." But I recall reading a an article that it stimulates alpha-brainwaves that are also associated with creativity.

Quote by revolutionplz
Not to sound rude, but tell me something I don't know.

However, I don't think "burnouts" are seclusive social messes.

Isn't that the definition of a "burnout" a negative, derogatory term for that exactly?

And not to be rude, why don't you tell me something I don't know. It would revive the thread a bit.

]
Last edited by Salvial at Sep 28, 2007,
weird subject creativity and drug taking..i knew this guy who since taking acid which made him mentally disabled and unfit to work he wrote music that was genius like. However whats the point in creativity from weed if you have no motivation. Lots of the 'creativity' when high sounds absolutely crap when sober so go figure.

If you need drugs to be creative you should sell your guitar on ebay and train as an accountant.
Quote by gigadeth
weird subject creativity and drug taking..i knew this guy who since taking acid which made him mentally disabled and unfit to work he wrote music that was genius like. However whats the point in creativity if you have no motivation. Lots of the 'creativity' when high sounds absolutely crap when sober so go figure.

If you need drugs to be creative you should sell your guitar on ebay and train as an accountant.

It is a touchy subject that a lot of people seem really apprehensive about, for some reason.

I agree with most of your post, except the last bit. Any creativity is more beneficial to the world and person then no creativity. If you can only write a riff high, smoke some joints.

]
Quote by Salvial
It is a touchy subject that a lot of people seem really apprehensive about, for some reason.

I agree with most of your post, except the last bit. Any creativity is more beneficial to the world and person then no creativity. If you can only write a riff high, smoke some joints.

Mozart didnt have an Ipod, or sythesizers or joints or meth-he used his fuking imagination and made the most expressive music ever.
Quote by gigadeth
Mozart didnt have an Ipod, or sythesizers or joints or meth-he used his fuking imagination and made the most expressive music ever.

Agreed.

Was that a rebuttal to something?

]
Quote by Salvial
Agreed.

Was that a rebuttal to something?

yep. i thought you were einstein with all your big words?
Quote by Calgone

That was by far the most ignorant and closed minded statement i have ever read on UG.

Marijuana makes me personally realize what i am afraid to tell myself while sober. I dont necessarily agree that it makes one more creative, but it does open one to new possibilities. Possibilities that people may not be open to in their sober state.

Psychedelics, on the other hand can completely change ones life. They are extremely helpful for both spiritual and mental creativity. The best i can describe it is by imagining reality as a two-pane window. We spend our entire lives looking through the glass without ever realizing what exists in the tiny world between the panes. Psychedelics allow you to get a peek at everything we're missing. Even more engrossing is experiencing an ego death, which not only lets you see that world, but live your life in it, if only for a little bit. I dare someone to take some DMT or Salvia and tell me they dont believe in God.
Quote by B3low3mpty
That was by far the most ignorant and closed minded statement i have ever read on UG.

Marijuana makes me personally realize what i am afraid to tell myself while sober. I dont necessarily agree that it makes one more creative, but it does open one to new possibilities. Possibilities that people may not be open to in their sober state.

Psychedelics, on the other hand can completely change ones life. They are extremely helpful for both spiritual and mental creativity. The best i can describe it is by imagining reality as a two-pane window. We spend our entire lives looking through the glass without ever realizing what exists in the tiny world between the panes. Psychedelics allow you to get a peek at everything we're missing. Even more engrossing is experiencing an ego death, which not only lets you see that world, but live your life in it, if only for a little bit. I dare someone to take some DMT or Salvia and tell me they dont believe in God.

its all in your mind man..i took some **** and thought i felt the touch of god because roman noses had been gods design for 2000 years. now im sober and not on drugs and talking crap.
Quote by B3low3mpty

Everything you wrote is dead-on, except I've taken salvia, and don't believe in a god per-say. I'm playing it safe and being agnostic.

]
Quote by gigadeth

I have two problems with this statement:

1. This post and your other one make you come across as a douchebag with nothing good to add to this conversation, which some people are trying to keep civil and intelligent.

2. You say that like Beethoven was a completely normal person. Beethoven was one of the most fucked up people (emotionally, that is) in history and constantly contemplated suicide.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather be inspired by a little harmless drug than by being in absolute agony my whole life.