So, I rented a JCM 900 combo for my show tomorow, and I'm having problems. It has a power amp volume (which I believe controls the gain) Volume A (Footswitch off) and Volume B (Footswitch on) So, my problem is, every time I turn any volume past 2, I get natural distortion. This was the last amp at the shop, and I want some clean tones. I already have my Metal Muff for distortion, but how do I get a loud cleam sound?
The JCM900 is a "one-channel" amp which pretty much means the only channel(s) you have are gain and more gain, there is no clean. If you want a clean channel, try a JCM2000.

-g13
Do you use any distortion pedals? If you do, you could turn them off and switch it to the gain channel for a "clean" sound, and then turn the pedal on and switch it to more gain for distortion. That's what I do.

-g13
Quote by gothikchile13
The JCM900 is a "one-channel" amp which pretty much means the only channel(s) you have are gain and more gain, there is no clean. If you want a clean channel, try a JCM2000.

-g13

not all jcm 900s are single channel.

He probably has the dual channel. JCM 900 dual reverb
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mw7
not all jcm 900s are single channel.

He probably has the dual channel. JCM 900 dual reverb

I'd assume if he had that amp he would have no problem finding a clean channel.

-g13
No reverb On my amp. But what I probably will do is have a crunch for clean, and pedal for distortion
^ +1. If you had seperate controls for each pickup, you could lower the volume on the neck pickup so that it cleans up better.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo