Page 1 of 2
so I had my itunes on shuffle and then a Pennywise song come on and I thought damn they're a good band I should make a thread for them, do u guys like them or hate them
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
love them. in fact im wearing a pennywise shirt right now!!! awesome live show by the way.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
I saw them live a year or so ago. Put on a great show. It was so hot that the power actually went out for a couple of minutes - during Fuck Authority - but it was cool cause the whole crowd sang it acapella.
I've never actually seen them live, I really want to now though
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Meh. I think they're alright. Won't get much love for them around these forums, but I think they're a decent band. Nothing special, but worth a listen.
yeah theyre catchy with some songs.

not into them totally but listen them sometimes.

guitarist is weird looking, sorta looks like Warren Haynes.
I haven't listened to them in forever. I might have to find my old mixed cds
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
yeah. i guess you can say most of their songs sound the same.

but they are pretty awesome, even their newer materials.
they are a band that proves bands like greenday and rancid didnt have to go mainstream to be good
When I really started to get into the newer punk, when I was 14 or so i listened to a lot of Fatwreck and Epitaph stuff and Pennywise is the only band from those days I still really listen to sometimes.
And they´re one of the few bands whose newer songs are better
Quote by RockThe40oz
Their vocals are soooooo boring. It's always so monotone even when he tries to change it up.

They're good for a rare listen, though, I suppose

think bad religion and 80s hardcore shouting punk
They're good, but they do have a sort of repetitive sound. The drums, however, are awesome.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by hardrock1315
Awesome band, but most of this forum hate them I think.

so.
90perc of the forum hate casualties.
i still like em
I'm going to have to check off the "strongly dislike" box.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by recklessnick
so.
90perc of the forum hate casualties.
i still like em

I know, I don't care that the rest of the forum hates them, I'm just stating the facts.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I could never get into Pennywise. All their stuff sounds the same to me.

I like some of their stuff, but yeah, I agree that their songs sound alike.
soymilk please <3
Pennywise irritate me.

They all sound the same, and the vocals are annoying.

They were alright when I only knew one song.
Yeah some of their songs sound abit similar but not all of them.
Punks not Dead it's Just Sleeping

Let's Play Some Tetris MotheR FuckeR
Quote by cherry_bomb
I like some of their stuff, but yeah, I agree that their songs sound alike.

x2
Got every single album and I've seen them live, twice. I like their older albums more, but it all depends in what mode Im in, ofcourse.

People say their songs sound the same.... Same thing with every other band. A band has it own sound.
Yahyah
Singer quit, this thread is back to life.......... I like the band even if you limeys dont.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
What it do occub

I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if Pennywise is still going to play without their singer. And why did dude quit anyway?
**** pennywise. i'm glad their singer just left. and i wish them MOUNTAINS of bad luck with finding a new one. i also thought they were good once, i pirated a whole album and listened to it for a week then realized all their songs sound the same.

here's the link for the news on the singer (CLICK ME)
Quote by lavazza
^I see more variety in their music then in any folk punk band

That's because you probably haven't listened to multiple songs by very many folk punk bands.

Besides, there are very very few folk punk bands I actually like.
^there was a time last year, when you couldn´t be absent for a day without missing a new folk punk band here.....and in all of them I didn´t see so much variety......but that´s not the point here.
You´ll get bored really soon when you listen to Pennywise for hours, but I like some of their stuff once 6 months or so, furthermore their old stuff sounds different from their new, as does Live in the key club.
But I see more different songs, then the 4 albums of Rise Against include (I know they are not the band to compare to). But problems with repeating themselves are given in all areas of punk, I might also throw in Flux of pink indians, though I do like them and prefer them to Pennywise, it´s enough to listen to one album in a whole and have a break afterwards.
We got drunk at bamalama and all sang bro hymn... it was fun to do the "woah, woah-oh-oh, woaaah woaaah woah-oh-oh" part... then we went an listened to the song... boy was it bad. That got us started on the "bad music that was cool in the 90's" trip... we spent the entire night listening to bad 90's music until it got to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwXaQ5hfV3w
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!

My cousin lent me a stack of CD's when I was first getting into punk, a couple of which were Pennywise. I didn't dig it. Every song sounded the same to me, so I don't know what my German counterpart is on about.
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
What it do occub

I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if Pennywise is still going to play without their singer. And why did dude quit anyway?

What up!

He's got kids, cant tour forever i guess. They should get the singer from guttermouth to fill in, that would be cool. I always thought that Fletcher carried that band anyway.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by neidnarb11890

My cousin lent me a stack of CD's when I was first getting into punk, a couple of which were Pennywise. I didn't dig it. Every song sounded the same to me, so I don't know what my German counterpart is on about.

Maybe it´s because I listened to lot of Pennywise years ago, therefore I know the songs and they sound differently to me.
I personally really like them but I could definitely see where they get repetitive...

I really like their lyrics though...

"So you're currently content with your surroundings
You possess a vague sense of accomplishment
Did you give all you had to give or did you
give conservative"
Quote by Strings?!

I quote myself.
Quote by Strings?!
I personally really like them but I could definitely see where they get repetitive...

I really like their lyrics though...

"So you're currently content with your surroundings
You possess a vague sense of accomplishment
Did you give all you had to give or did you
give conservative"

them there is 6 dollar words.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Page 1 of 2