I use 10's but my high E string snapped, and i don't have an extra. Would it be ok to use a B string for a high E string?
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
it may not make it, you would probly end up snapping that one too
empty the bullets from the chamber
Quote by Dauntless
it may not make it, you would probly end up snapping that one too

maybe... but some players like Henry Garza use .13s, and that's what gauge his B string probably is.
its possible to use it though. never tried it but i noticed on some guitar string packs it has strings that can be used for either spot.
well i already put it on, and it seems fine. I'm just afraid it's gonna hurt the neck.
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
Quote by moo453
well i already put it on, and it seems fine. I'm just afraid it's gonna hurt the neck.

I guess it's possible you'd have some warping issues, with unequal amounts of tension on different parts of the neck. seriously, a new pack of strings is 5 bucks, just go out and get a few packs
Technically, yes it is going to apply more tension with a .13 and a 13 on your E and B strings than the normal .10 and 13 setup. I don't think it's enough to worry about and the only thing to worry about is the truss rod needing a little tweak but it may not be enough increased tension for even that to happen. I think the lower strings apply a lot more pull then the high ones. If you're worried about it twisting the neck or something then I don't think that is an issue. There are people out there who use mixed sets of strings because that's just what they like.
its definitely not enough tension to warp the neck, as long as your not using some funky tuning on the larger strings they will counteract the tension
empty the bullets from the chamber