View poll results: Should I get a lip ring
Hell Yeah!!!
17 16%
WTF NO!!!!!
90 84%
Voters: 107.
Page 3 of 4
Quote by HellRaiser620
Actually, Gerard Way called emo a pile of ****. That made me laugh a tiny bit.

I was amused at that also, though I never viewed them as emo despite his heavy makeup and their emo-ish lyrics.
Oh noes!
This thread's got me listening to FOB now...
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
If you don't love Grupo Fantasma, you should get your lip pierced, because there is no hope that you will ever be cool. They ARE Mexican.. they don't play classical.. They're playing Salsa music.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Hitting Bottom
im pretty sure i got the wrong link, its a mexican classical band

Exactly.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
This thread's got me listening to FOB now...

Noo..noo don't do it! Come back to the light!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself >.<

Actually, I heard that their older stuff was good before every twelve year old girl became infatuated with Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump is a good singer, though not much of a front man.
Oh noes!
What does that have to do with anything? How can you not appreciate the Fantasma? Philistine.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Hitting Bottom
i always L-O-V-E-D children of bodom

There may be hope for you yet.
Quote by xxtrigger
Noo..noo don't do it! Come back to the light!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself >.<

Actually, I heard that their older stuff was good before every twelve year old girl became infatuated with Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump is a good singer, though not much of a front man.

They suck. But, I like 'em sometimes. There's even a few Avril Lavigne songs I like(like...3 of 'em)

Stump is a fairly good singer. But, technically, Wentz is the frontman now.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Hitting Bottom
the fantasma was just.... off topic....

It was not. You want to be different. I've never met another person who knows who they are.. Except, apparently from HellRaiser here, which surprised me until I realized he's from Texas. And besides.. We're trying to help you be cooler. Grupo Fantasma is your ticket.
Quote by vintage x metal

I like Jazz(Classic and Fusion), all types of Rock(especially modern/alternative), a bit of Ska, most Metal, Blues, Classical, Instrumental Opera, Rap(not much mainstream, though), and...well...everything else, too.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by Haha, Crackhead
They suck. But, I like 'em sometimes. There's even a few Avril Lavigne songs I like(like...3 of 'em)

Stump is a fairly good singer. But, technically, Wentz is the frontman now.

True, I swear he has no talent when it comes to playing bass, I mean he could spin around with it pretty good but playing...

Though I hate to admit he's a good lyricist.
Oh noes!
Quote by Hitting Bottom
im not a big fan of classics, especially grupo fantasma. i just rather be scene then you know, lov em

Grupo Fantasma is not classic, damn it. They're a newer band, and they play Salsa..
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
It was not. You want to be different. I've never met another person who knows who they are.. Except, apparently from HellRaiser here, which surprised me until I realized he's from Texas. And besides.. We're trying to help you be cooler. Grupo Fantasma is your ticket.

Actually, I'm from Ohio, I only live in Texas, but yeah, that's how I know of them.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Grupo Fantasma is not classic, damn it. They're a newer band, and they play Salsa..

I think he meant their style, not their age.
Wow.. I'm surprised at how passionate I am about this.. I like everyone in this thread, just so you know.. Before my demeanor pisses everyone off.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by xxtrigger
True, I swear he has no talent when it comes to playing bass, I mean he could spin around with it pretty good but playing...

Though I hate to admit he's a good lyricist.

Yeah, it's like he spends more time on his stage presence than practicing his instrument.

Eh, I'm not big on Wentz's vocals. I just meant that he's the frontman 'cuz he's the most popular member.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by HellRaiser620
I think he meant their style, not their age.

Regardless. It's salsa. AND FUNK.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Whoa. Sweet combo. I'm definitely gonna check them out later.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Yeah, it's like he spends more time on his stage presence than practicing his instrument.

Eh, I'm not big on Wentz's vocals. I just meant that he's the frontman 'cuz he's the most popular member.

No, I mean he writes the songs, but I can't help but think that he has no idea what he's writing about...
Oh noes!
Quote by Jack Off Jill

You gotta dig the funk, bro.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Whoa. Sweet combo. I'm definitely gonna check them out later.

I wish I could find more of their cds. The only reason I found THIS one is because I was at Deals one day, and I was looking through the cds there and found one of theirs for a dollar.. I bought it because I liked the artwork. Then I was like.. Oh man! This is badass! They're singing about chocolate devils and ****!
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by xxtrigger
No, I mean he writes the songs, but I can't help but think that he has no idea what he's writing about...

Ah. I didn't know he wrote all the songs.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Quote by Hitting Bottom
big man like you liking salsa (shakes head)

You gotta understand, dude, all sorts of music are related. You can't discount a particular style just because it's not what you normally listen to.
Quote by Hitting Bottom
big man like you liking salsa (shakes head)

Well.. I am Mexican.. At all the family gatherings as a child, my family DID play a lot of it. Hence why I know how to dance like a fiend.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by HellRaiser620
You gotta understand, dude, all sorts of music are related. You can't discount a particular style just because it's not what you normally listen to.

I totally agree. Stay open minded!

Fun fact: I was raised with salsa music cause my grandfather played Latin jazz/ salsa and my father owns about 50 salsa cds.
Oh noes!
Quote by HellRaiser620
Do you happen to like flamenco guitar by any chance, Jack?

Yup. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to Paco, McLaughlin and and Al Di Meola right now.
Quote by vintage x metal

I like these fun facts.

I have two scars on my butt as a result of a playground accident when I was eight.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I like these fun facts.

I have two scars on my butt as a result of a playground accident when I was eight.

Ha, thanks for sharing.
Oh noes!