Page 1 of 2
so i have looked around this forum and i have yet to find a thread on screaming...so does anyone have tips or anything for me? like what helps a sore throat for the next day or good drinks to drink while screaming...
from what i've heard if you are doing correctly, you shouldnt get a sore throat, but i've heard a spray bottle with watered down honey or salt water
This thread has been done before and it just turns out to be people arguing and saying screaming isnt really music.
It isn't pretty
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
if your throat hurts then you dont do it right. you have to have it come from deep down and not use your throat. its the same way you sing. the reason it hurts is because you force it
Quote by wrath_ltd
so i have looked around this forum and i have yet to find a thread on screaming...so does anyone have tips or anything for me? like what helps a sore throat for the next day or good drinks to drink while screaming...

Your school's homecoming game?
My Gear:
1.epiphone boneyard
2.hagstrom acoustic
3.Squier strat
4.Johnson acoustic
5.Peavy 158 rage
6.zoom 505 II

Although some of my gear might not be the best I still love to play them all the time
i hope he doesnt mean screaming onstage, where music should be played......
room temp water whilst preforming only
dont drink soda
orange juice
acid
etc
hahaha
YEAH DUDE
Get lessons. Seriously, don't kill your voice.

Drink warm water with a little honey and a touch of lemon. It shouldn't taste good. but it'll help to keep the voice.

GET LESSONS. Ask your teacher about everything that will help the voice stay intact.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
well the reason it hurts is cuz i do it for at least 2 hours a practice...bascially a really long shows worth...just like singing its the vocal chords that eventually hurt...just from use...and you may think its not music....that is your opinion...dont post in my thread i dont care...i just want a few suggestions...but thanks to all that helped me and lumberjack...go away you are no help...
down syrup, or battery acid. great for the vocal chords.

check out the zen of screaming dvd.
empty the bullets from the chamber
yea i wanna learn too
i can do some inhales and pig squeals
but i cant do exhales

i really wanna get vocals like Jesse Leach from KsE's first album
I was considering buying the Zen of Screaming DVD to teach me, but i dont know if it will be worth it or if its just BS

Quote by feedthenight
You either got it, or you don't.

GTFO

Any form of singing ("screaming" is just a form of singing and proper singing is quite applicable) can be improved and learned with practice and proper training.
Quote by wrath_ltd
aiight im gonna try the battery acid thing...thanks guys!

DON'T DO IT ETHEL!!!
Quote by B3low3mpty
Hi! Are you a real lumberjack?

I lol'ed.

I would agree that if you are going to try screaming that you must learn it the proper way so as to not damage your voice. I do not know how to scream so I can't give you any advice on how to do so properly.

When I sing, I just sing and if I need to emphasize a part I don't try to "scream" it I just try to push my voice more and because I don't do it very much or for long periods of time it does not put very much strain on my voice so my throat is fine.
you should try stuffing a whole lot of pennies down your throat.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Quote by CowboyUp
GTFO

Any form of singing ("screaming" is just a form of singing and proper singing is quite applicable) can be improved and learned with practice and proper training.

Wrong.
Quote by feedthenight
Wrong.

Right? I suppose you are just an expert on singing techniques then?
im telling you.
PENNIES.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Quote by CowboyUp
Right? I suppose you are just an expert on singing techniques then?

In fact I am, and you're wrong.
Quote by feedthenight

we are all so proud
empty the bullets from the chamber
Quote by feedthenight

I disagree... you're wrong.

When I scream it's pretty much like a very loud whisper just pushed as hard as my diaphragm will let it go.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by XXm3t@lXX
im telling you.
PENNIES.

wow dude shove your **** down your throat and get the hell out my thread...
Quote by Bushinarin
I disagree... you're wrong.

When I scream it's pretty much like a very loud whisper just pushed as hard as my diaphragm will let it go.

I guess asian women can't scream then.
Quote by feedthenight
I'm here all night.

lol, someone's a pisser. Just chill out, if you don't like the subject at hand let us be

If we permanently damage our voices it's on us and I'm hereby releasing you of any and all guilt you might have. It's official, it came from the internet... tell your friends.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by CowboyUp
Did anyone else catch that he said he was going to go try drinking battery acid?

thank you for actually reading the whole thread...something i haven't seen in a long while...hehe lol...
Quote by Bushinarin
lol, someone's a pisser. Just chill out, if you don't like the subject at hand let us be

If we permanently damage our voices it's on us and I'm hereby releasing you of any and all guilt you might have. It's official, it came from the internet... tell your friends.

I'm not angry whatsoever. Just very bored.
Quote by wrath_ltd
thank you for actually reading the whole thread...something i haven't seen in a long while...hehe lol...

So did you drink it or not?
Page 1 of 2