Poll: Do you hate bump & grind dances?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you hate bump & grind dances?
Yes
95 46%
No
97 47%
i'm to young to know wtf you're talking about.
15 7%
Voters: 207.
Page 1 of 3
ok, hands up, who else really doesnt like these dances?

I know i don't.

why? i see no point in them. i see absolutely no point in pantomiming sex in a crowd of 200+people you walk past in the school hallways every day. seriously, i would far rather slow down and go cheek to cheek with the girl i'm into than go ass to **** on the gym floor. and i would much rather hear the sounds of actual instruments as opposed to mechanized drumbeats and synthesized screeches (don't get me wrong here-some rappers have serious skill in both composition and vocals). I'd rather listen to the soothing, passionate sounds of Neil Diamond, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lionel Richie, BB King, Glenn Miller, The Knife, Air, Fischerspooner, even Black Sabbath and Zakk Wylde have some good slow songs. Much better those during a dance than the "lil John and tha eastside boyz" and "Xibit" and "luney tunez", the latter of those being the worst.

so what d'ya think?

*prepares for flaming*
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I am a terrible dancer in any format.

At school dances I go lay down in the corner and sleep. I am disgusted at the lack of respect that these people, both male and female have for their own bodies or the bodies of each other.

In other words, I agree.
ya it sucks at my last highschool dance some fat girl was grinding me and i was like hey im awesome some girl is rubbing up next to me....i turned and looked.........then i vomited on her and punched that bitch in the face
Quote by gigadeth
white men cant dance. period.

welcome to mt. blue high, where there is only one black dude and he's the biggest pimp in the state (and one of my best friends )
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
hmm, yea griding does suck really really badly, its mad gay. i enjoy moshing though, but i'm not much of a dancer even to slow songs
not a fan of the dry hump.
but a big fan of these 'mechanized drumbeats and synthesized screeches'.
they might not be soothing but fun fun fun for dancing.
im not a fan of teh hip hops, but more house and rave music FTW!
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
slow songs are ok, ive tried "bumping and grinding" and its really awkward and lame, cuz you think you're all badass, but at the end of the day, your realize just how little ass you got that day.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
maybe we should all take videos of our dance moves? and post them? then whoever the winner is wins a UG hug
Quote by jimmmypage#1

ok, yea i meant like rap and reggaeton, not thinks like house and rave. i love rave and such.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
My principal has banned any form of grinding calling them private sexual acts that should be kept at home. As a result not too many people are thinking that are homecoming will be a great dance. We have to actually learn how to dance, I think its fine and that hopefully kids at my school do less complaining and throw more parties.
Quote by spazzymagee417
bad idea. someone in the naked club might do a strip tease.

you have given me a brilliant idea, Im going to catch a rabbit I will brb
Nah. It's pretty fun, actually, especially with your friends of the opposite gender. It's kind of a weird feeling at first, but it just becomes a thing eventually.
i grind on my girl even when theres no music, so its just another opportunity for me!!!
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
I always hated the bump and grind in high school. I was one of the few black guys so every girl I dated thought I loved that dance to death.
Quote by Kid Fisto

I know i don't.

why? i see no point in them. i see absolutely no point in pantomiming sex in a crowd of 200+people you walk past in the school hallways every day. seriously, i would far rather slow down and go cheek to cheek with the girl i'm into than go ass to **** on the gym floor. and i would much rather hear the sounds of actual instruments as opposed to mechanized drumbeats and synthesized screeches (don't get me wrong here-some rappers have serious skill in both composition and vocals). I'd rather listen to the soothing, passionate sounds of Neil Diamond, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lionel Richie, BB King, Glenn Miller, The Knife, Air, Fischerspooner, even Black Sabbath and Zakk Wylde have some good slow songs. Much better those during a dance than the "lil John and tha eastside boyz" and "Xibit" and "luney tunez", the latter of those being the worst.

so what d'ya think?

*prepares for flaming*

QFT I agree +1

This is why I usually avoid school dances...

Quote by jimmmypage#1

Said exactly what I was thinking, synth and a good beat is meant to be danced with (cool stuff) but how you can get into a guy screaming "YEah!!YEah!!!" is beyond me....
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Sep 29, 2007,
That's the only way I know how to dance.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
Oh please, you don't go to a dance to listen to "feely" music. You go to dance. I like dancing, and though I normally don't listen to much pop music, it's fun to dance to. You sound like one of those kids who sits on the side without being dressed up thinking "My taste is so much better than theirs".
just goes to show how hypocritical most people are. on a normal day, grinding would be obscene, disgusting, and inappropriate. through in some "music", however, and chicks are throwing themselves around like the little sluts they are...
they've recently started strictly enforcing all these dancing rules at my school. about time. need parental permission to watch a pg rated movie, but dry humping is okay?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
well, when else are you going to get to rub your groin on the ass of a hot chick you hardly know? Seems pretty win/win if you ask me.
Quote by blackflag49
Exactly^

This thread just seems like pointless whining.

OMG why do they dance liek that?? I don't wanna dance liek that!

Who cares?

i didnt ask why they dance like that. i know why. i just stated that i saw no point in pantomiming sex on the dance floor and asked if anyone agreed.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by blackflag49
Exactly^

OMG why do they dance liek that?? I don't wanna dance liek that, my taste is better than that, I have respect for the girls I don't talk to..

thats even less of waht i said...i said that i do like rap and such, just not to bump and grind to.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I am a terrible dancer in any format.

At school dances I go lay down in the corner and sleep. I am disgusted at the lack of respect that these people, both male and female have for their own bodies or the bodies of each other.

In other words, I agree.
In other words you're lonely and can't get any. How is making your body feel good by simulating something its designed for disrespectful? Is masturbation disrespectful as well?
Quote by Kid Fisto

I know i don't.

so what d'ya think?

*prepares for flaming*

Quote by Kid Fisto
thats even less of waht i said...i said that i do like rap and such, just not to bump and grind to.

u r doing it wrong
When I goto dances, all I wanna hear is techno, hip hop, and that stuff. I wouldn't listen to it on my own time, but it's great for dances. And yes, grinding is very enjoyable, and if you don't enjoy it, you suck.
Quote by CowboyUp
u r doing it wrong

que?

Quote by blackflag49
What's the point of any dance, besides having fun?

uh...becoming closer to someone you wish to be closer to? i don't think that the point of slow dancing is to pantomime sex....and dry humping etc might bring you physically closer to someone but im not so sure about emotionally....
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
bumpin n grinding are da best bro. dats how we do it at club liquid

u jus got no game bro
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
bumpin n grinding are da best bro. dats how we do it at club liquid

u jus got no game bro

exactly, you just gotta go with it.

then youre set. its fun once u get into it.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Quote by Kid Fisto
que?

You said some BS about "I don't like crappy music with someone talking over synthesized drum beats" followed by more ignorance, then stated "Oh yeah, I like some rap".
Quote by CowboyUp
u r doing it wrong

i lol'd

anyway, i kinda dont understand grinding... wouldnt it be kinda awkward if the girl looks back and sees you rubbing your dick against her ass? i mean i know shed feel it duh but i still think if she liked at you wtf would you do smile and say hi?

its still fun though but only with my gf
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by CowboyUp
You said some BS about "I don't like crappy music with someone talking over synthesized drum beats" followed by more ignorance, then stated "Oh yeah, I like some rap".

i meant to dance to. that was all.

but you're correct, i should've stated that clearer.

jacked up on four Monsters is not the best time for my brain...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by ep1kz
i lol'd

anyway, i kinda dont understand grinding... wouldnt it be kinda awkward if the girl looks back and sees you rubbing your dick against her ass? i mean i know shed feel it duh but i still think if she liked at you wtf would you do smile and say hi?

its still fun though but only with my gf

You don't quite get it. It's just dancing. The whole point of the dance is just rubbing against eachother. It wouldn't be awkward because thats exactly what it's supposed to be.
Quote by Headbanger_1
exactly, you just gotta go with it.

then youre set. its fun once u get into it.

i'd prefer slow dances even if i looked like zac efron...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by chimairapwns
hmm, yea griding does suck really really badly, its mad gay. i enjoy moshing though, but i'm not much of a dancer even to slow songs

man forget moshing u cant mosh in da clubs n all da girls on da dancefloor in da moshpit are mad busted cuz they listen to dat hardcore crap. n plus it will mess up my hair

bumpin n grindin is where its at.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Kid Fisto
i'd prefer slow dances even if i looked like zac efron...

dont even joke about that... hahahaha

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Page 1 of 3