What can anyone tell me about Ruckus? The ITS guys here at my college recommend it- apparently it's legal and free. HOW CAN THIS BE???

Anyway, anyone heard of it, and can recommend it or not?
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
As in.. Bring Da Ruckus, Bring Da Mutha ****in' Ruckus?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The Boondocks
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
http://www.ruckusnetwork.com/

I have a hunch your answer is there.

I want opinions that aren't paid testimonials.

Does it work good, does it have rare music, good quality, etc.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
it sucks u can download and listen to the songs u download, but u get charged if u move the songs to an mp3 player or cd, but its good for just listening on the computer
Ruckus is most likely pre-paid by your university. My university recommends it to us too. There's a pretty good selection, surprisingly. But the downside is that you can't transfer it over to your mp3 player or a CD. It's just there on your computer. My friend uses it and he found some pretty good music on there.

Edit: Damn, beaten to it by masterk!
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by walkingonspikes
Ruckus is most likely pre-paid by your university. My university recommends it to us too. There's a pretty good selection, surprisingly. But the downside is that you can't transfer it over to your mp3 player or a CD. It's just there on your computer. My friend uses it and he found some pretty good music on there.

i just said that jerk!
Quote by masterk1818
it sucks u can download and listen to the songs u download, but u get charged if u move the songs to an mp3 player or cd, but its good for just listening on the computer

That does suck..but as of now, I really don't use my mp3 as much. Can it transfer to an mp3 library without charge? (I use SonicStage from Sony, by the way)
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by masterk1818
i just said that jerk!

Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by crazynickman
That does suck..but as of now, I really don't use my mp3 as much. Can it transfer to an mp3 library without charge? (I use SonicStage from Sony, by the way)

Im not 100 percent sure, but i would doubt it, you get like a library thing with the ruckus download, i very much doubt it. but i got it with my college is that what you get it for?
Ruckus is amazing. It doesn't have everything, but it sure does have a LOT. It surprises me that it doesn't carry Behemoth, but DOES carry Falkenbach or Anaal Nathrakh. So just explore it. It's free, but it's similar to Pandora in the sense that you can only really listen to things on the computer. Not a problem, though, since we're all on UG all day long anyways...
Quote by masterk1818
Im not 100 percent sure, but i would doubt it, you get like a library thing with the ruckus download, i very much doubt it. but i got it with my college is that what you get it for?

Yeah, someone just told me ITS recommended it; I use Limewire and my roommate just told me some horror story about his close friend getting busted with it in Boston somewhere and the whole school had to pay a fine, so I want to try this. I'd be fine with a library they give, but I worry about the selection: specifically, bands like The Beatles- Apple and Michael Jackson are very wary to turn over the rights...I imagine that's how it works.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman
Yeah, someone just told me ITS recommended it; I use Limewire and my roommate just told me some horror story about his close friend getting busted with it in Boston somewhere and the whole school had to pay a fine, so I want to try this. I'd be fine with a library they give, but I worry about the selection: specifically, bands like The Beatles- Apple and Michael Jackson are very wary to turn over the rights...I imagine that's how it works.

they do have a good selection of songs, i downloaded the entire dark side of the moon album from it,