Ok so i've got a guy who wants to trade a gibson sg special for my mexican telecaster..... I haven't played an sg special so im just kind of wondering how the sound is and the playability
Quote by silhouettica
in my opinion, the only reason that dean and BC Rich guitars are so popular is because the people who play only want them for the pointy parts to stab people (such as their singer, or that guy from fall out boy)
try one out
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Quote by i_am_ironman
try one out

I plan on it i just kinna wanted to get an opinion on it....
Quote by silhouettica
in my opinion, the only reason that dean and BC Rich guitars are so popular is because the people who play only want them for the pointy parts to stab people (such as their singer, or that guy from fall out boy)
Quote by PumpkinPieces
They are two totally different guitars. The SG is lighter, the neck is a bit thicker, and it has humbuckers.

well i mean is the sg a good guitar sound wise?
Quote by silhouettica
IMO yes the Sg kills the tele....its a lot better for rock obviously and it plays just like a standard w.o the binding