i am looking for a mixing board to plug into my computer like a USB adapter one.

i run a Mac that has 4 processors and i use garage band to record my stuff. i have mics and stuff.

i wanna get a mixing board because i hear they work great on this.

can any one can help me?
#1 Mixing Boards do not work great on this.
#2 You almost certainly do not want one.

Ok now to be useful. It is a common misconception that mixing boards are the common tool in a budget home studio - but that sad fact is that those who think that are rather mistaken. A mixer "mixes" everything down to a stereo output, which is far less than optimal. Say you record guitar, and vocals and want to apply a chorus to just the vocals but not the guitar - well....you can't because it is on the same track guitar and whatever editing you do will have to be for both the tracks.

So what you want is an audio interface or nice RECORDING soundcard (ie not a gaming soundcard that has the uber buttkicking BASS!!!) as that will let you be able to record each instrument to a separate track and then mix and edit them individually in your software. Now for software - Garageband is free and easy to use....and already on your computer - check it out.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Last edited by thrice_removed at Sep 29, 2007,
Audacity runs on a mac?....

Anyways Thrice is correct about the whole mixer setup. You want something with many inputs that will allow you to route each input to a separate track in the recording software so you can edit them all later on.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 29, 2007,
Oops - Garageband pwns Audacity hands down...my bad. Didn't realize he was on a Mac.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by snuggleblade
musicians friend has one

yes MF has USB mixers but most of them will take all the inputs and put them all on one track. The USB mixers only let you skip buying a recording card but even still....it's not an ideal setup...

get an interface or recording card with more than one input.