Poll Options
View poll results: Who wins?
Gordon Freeman
30 53%
Master Chief
27 47%
Voters: 57.
Page 1 of 3
Gordon Freeman and Master Chief face off. Who wins, and why?
Last edited by evil_in_you at Sep 29, 2007,
MC he survives a 2km fall and a halo firing
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Not even close. I'm not a Master Chief fanboy, but that's like pitting Laura Croft against Samus Aran.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Three words....gravity ****ing hammer.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Every gamer ever.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by Ingsoc
Three words....gravity ****ing hammer.

gravity hammer > 5 brutes all standing next to each other
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Gordon Freeman hands down. Master Chief's name is John. How gay is that? And Half-Life was such a better game.

Can't wait for Orange Box
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
Gordon Freeman hands down. Master Chief's name is John. How gay is that? And Half-Life was such a better game.

Can't wait for Orange Box

Does that have anything you cant get otherwise or is just a bundle?
Ima have to go with Freeman. Hes the ****.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by Ingsoc
Not even close. I'm not a Master Chief fanboy, but that's like pitting Laura Croft against Samus Aran.

and im assuming you mean samus aran would win that contest?

master chief is just a pathetic character, freeman all the way
Quote by evil_in_you
Does that have anything you cant get otherwise or is just a bundle?

It comes with Half Life 2: episode 1 and 2, Portal, and Team Fortress. All for $59.99.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
freeman all the way he's just amazing, plus hes not your typical hero with the army training and all that **** hes a scientist, hell yeah
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Master Chief 'dies' so Freeman wins.

Edit: Okay, though he doesn't really die, Halo still sucks, Freeman>Master Chief.
Last edited by bequickorbedead at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by bequickorbedead
Master Chief dies so Freeman wins.

Another fail.

Grayedit: Oh, wait...I see what you did there. Master Chief completely wins this one. If you reference the Halo books, it actually reveals that MCPO John 117 is actually very intelligent, due to his training. Not that it makes a ton of difference, being a walking tank and all.

Enough fanboying around for me.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Sep 29, 2007,
Freeman for sure.

He repeatly teleported between Earth and Xen with using limited technology to battle and fighted with aliens and USA Marines. Then he is apart of a huge revolution in HL2. All of this without the proper warfare training.

On a kinda off-topic remark:

I finished HL, HL:OF and HL:BS

I haven't played HL2 much but what I did play of it pwns alot! (but the original is still the best IMO).
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
FREEMAN = scientist that can shoot things

MC = genetically modified human being, born completely to a life of destruction and has a knowledge of every weapon ever in 2552
Pfft

Freeman is half the man (I use the word 'man' loosely) MC will ever be. He fought a whole alien civilisation/US marines with hardly any warfare knowledge and knowledge of his surroundings all by himself.

MC was created with all this great knowledge and still needs backup support during battle.

Freeman > MC

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Last edited by sebastian_96 at Sep 29, 2007,

Jazz > Some FPS n00bs
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Gordon always wins, no matter what. Yes, the Master Chief is a better fighter, but Gordon always finds a way to win. He'd walk the Master Chief into a trip mine or something.
Death to Ovation haters!
I have to go with the Master Chief; sure he's built to fight and has a lot of advantages from the get go; but he's facing a genocidal war. Freeman is dealing with a slow enslaving occupation.
Also, I find the MC far more selfless and supportive of his followers, Freeman seems to be sorta like a Ché Guevarra figure, that's completely blown out of proportion and is proven to be sorta dissapointing in person.
I might be more sympathetic to Freeman if he ends up saving humanity, but I can't invision it being as climactic or primal an ending as Halo 3's ending.
That battle will never be seen safely by human eyes. The clash of the gravity gun and gravity hammer is the munitions equivalent of dividing by zero.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Freeman could smash MC's face with a crowbar.

And he doesn't need any retarded armor to make him good.

Freeman - suit = still awesome.

Master Chief - MKIV = some pussy named John.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
MC fo sho.
Gordon Freeman is some geek with guns and a lot of luck.
Master Chief is the best commando in the universe, survived endless battles, and does almost everything by himself (because his backup troops are too ghey. They always die fast).
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by PlayMadness

Master Chief - MKIV = some pussy named John.

Not true. Without the suit, he is still a genetically upgraded superhuman.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by PlayMadness
Freeman could smash MC's face with a crowbar.

You think they'd send humanity's last hope into battle with a helmet visor that would break when some nerd hit it with a metal stick?
Quote by MiG_853
You think they'd send humanity's last hope into battle with a helmet visor that would break when some nerd hit it with a metal stick?

+1

Also, MC has an energy field that protects him and recharges all the time. What Gordon has? Medikits?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by MiG_853
Ok, Phorgot won... damn I was liking this thread.

lol sorry, i just figured norris was 100x stronger and smarter than any one else
I see no sign of fortress.
Gordon Freeman, because he started off as a scientist with glasses and gradually turned into a superhero. Master Chief was simply some kind of supersoldier from the beginning, and that's dull.
I'm a communist. Really.
Page 1 of 3