Personally, I love them. Have every album, know pretty much every song on guitar (thought they're not hard to play, lol) Granted, the album before everything and after was a disgrace to their name, Panic was a little better, and Let's Rock is getting back to where they started. But no matter what, they'll always be great to me. Really the first band that got me into punk music. Anyways, your thoughts...
yeah, they have a few songs I like
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Wow they are so NOT emo. Punk/rock/alternative is the ONLY way you could describe them. I'm sick of people calling everything emo. Emo is Hawthorne Heights and Emery.

MXPX is the ****.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
MxPX arer ****ing awesome, im normally a metal head but these just bring something else to punk/ska awesome band
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Wow they are so NOT emo. Punk/rock/alternative is the ONLY way you could describe them. I'm sick of people calling everything emo. Emo is Hawthorne Heights and Emery.

MXPX is the ****.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that MXPX are not emo.

It's also pretty obvious that they are neither punk nor ska.

In conclusion, no MXPX in the punk forum please.
They should be nerdcore, because their drummer's a nerd.

Or chesscore, because their guitarist is a chess fanatic.

Or chocolatecore, because their frontman is named after a certain sophisticated chocolate morsel.
they are pop punk.
i only like the song punk rawk show.
other than that i dont like them one bit because they are a christian band.
Quote by BenFoffenbock

MXPX is the ****.

dude calm down, no one called them emo, all they said was that this thread belonged in the POP PUNK / and emo forum ok...

and on that note *reported*
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
MXPX is the ****.
Has anybody ever called them emo?

No just no. It makes me sad people think this is emo. Rites of Spring, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Get Up Kids, The Promise Ring, and Capn Jazz are all emo and great IMO.

Hawthorne Heights, MCR, Fallout Boy, Emery, and Taking Back Sunday are not emo.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Pop punk forum plzkthx.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
i not a big fan but i think they are pop punk
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by element4433
Has anybody ever called them emo?

No just no. It makes me sad people think this is emo. Rites of Spring, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Get Up Kids, The Promise Ring, and Capn Jazz are all emo and great IMO.

Thanks for mentioning that, I didn't even notice the first time I read it.
someone recommend me a good song. so far, what ive heard on youtube is all pretty cliche....the lyrics just arent good. someone change my mind.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I'm not into their music, but they put on a very good live show.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
I only ever liked that song that wasin that pepsi commercial along time ago
Saw a live vid of them on a music channel, absolutely terrible, the singer was constantly out of breath, and they struck me as a second rate Green Day.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by element4433

They are "modern" emo... not REAL emo.
Hawthorne Heights=Pop Rock
MCR=Rock/Pop Rock
Fall Out Boy=Pop Rock/Pop Punk
Emery=Post hardcore/Rock
TBS=Rock

There are no modern Emo bands, at least in the mainstream.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
MCR=Rock/Pop Rock
Emery=Post hardcore/Rock
TBS=Rock

please don't call FOB pop-punk
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by J.A.R.

FOB is pop punk.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by J.A.R.
Trust em I know what pop punk is. If you noticed I put pop rock first. They started as a pop punk band, their first 2 albums were pop punk. Their last two were more pop rock.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Trust em I know what pop punk is. If you noticed I put pop rock first. They started as a pop punk band, their first 2 albums were pop punk. Their last two were more pop rock.

my sediments exactly and actually I consider there last two more like alternative rock but whatever back to MXPX, any1 get Secret Weapon

I started listening to MXPX when I was 7 and I'll be 19 in a week and a half. Beat that. I don't listen to them hardly ever anymore though and I don't have their last two cds but I have everyone of the other ones.
Quote by element4433
MCR=Rock/Pop Rock
Emery=Post hardcore/Rock
TBS=Rock

Out of those, Hawthorne Heights is the emoist, or at least darkest sounding band out of all of those. Saying Sorry is seriously the happiest sounding song on If Only You Were Lonely IMO. MCR isn't really pop-punk (even though I <3 them), more just rock or violent pop. Old Fall Out Boy was pop-punk (Take This to Your Grave, From Under the Cork Tree), but now album just pop-rock.

Back on topic, I'm don't really like MxPx. They're catchy and all, but besides it seems like there isn't much too them. They have a good drummer though. Lately I've been starting to dislike poppy-punk/rock bands and am getting more into darker bands... maybe I'm becoming emo .

Lol yeah right.
I love mxpx and yes I got their new album secret weapon. and emery is not emo, I like emery.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I love MxPx, there the band that got me into pop-punk, pretty much all there stuff is good except for 'Before everything and after' which sucks...i love 'slowly going to way of the buffalo' and 'life in general' though, my favorite 2 by mxpx
Quote by J.A.R.
my sediments exactly and actually I consider there last two more like alternative rock but whatever back to MXPX, any1 get Secret Weapon

I had it on pre-order 2 months before it came out...got a t-shirt w/ it too
It kind of dissapointed me though, everyone kept saying it was going to be like the old classic mxpx, but it was nothing like that at all...still a good CD, just not what I was expecting.
^some of the songs like drowning, your on fire, here's to the life, and tightly wound sound more like older mxpx, but at the same time shut it down, secret weapon, never better than now, and bass so low don't really sound like them, so it's kinda like a mix between their new and old stuf

^I can tell by your username, thanx for joining the group I made of them

MxPx is freakin awesome!!!

for all the people who said theyre not good listen to more songs!

they play Scooby Doo in the 2002 movie, they were in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, Raise Your Voice(i dont like that movie but whatever) and a crapload more!

LUCAS!!!!!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by J.A.R.
^some of the songs like drowning, your on fire, here's to the life, and tightly wound sound more like older mxpx, but at the same time shut it down, secret weapon, never better than now, and bass so low don't really sound like them, so it's kinda like a mix between their new and old stuf

I thought secret weapon sounded more like the old them than any of their songs on that album...I love that song.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
i've heard of them. i have one song by them- The Darkest Places... I got that off Warped Tour '04 i think... its good... not the best, but still good. I'll probably check out their older stuff first.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.