I was wondering if these amps are any good for death/thrash metal but also retain a decent clean tone. Also are there any better laneys or other amps on the market for a £400 price either new or on an average ebay sale. B-52s and 5150's put of the question, dont sell much in england and either go too high or cost to much in postage.
oh yes they will
I own the 50 watt combo version of the VH100R and I can every imaginable tone out of it

for more info on the TT you might wanna ask DaveMC though
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah, they should be fine for that. the tt has more a smoother british 80's tone (think gilbert/timmons etc.) but can be dialled in to be more metal, the vh is more american and modern-sounding.

both should do what you want, i'd have thought. a 5150 is probably more out and out metal, but your cleans will suffer, and they'll be more expensive, probably.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, they should be fine for that. the tt has more a smoother british 80's tone (think gilbert/timmons etc.) but can be dialled in to be more metal, the vh is more american and modern-sounding.

both should do what you want, i'd have thought. a 5150 is probably more out and out metal, but your cleans will suffer, and they'll be more expensive, probably.

5150 cleans are honestly fine (the pre gain makes crunch people dont understand that) unless you play country or something..it sucks balls for classic gain tho. Im trying to hook up a dsl and 5150 to get both worlds.
they aren't great, and i know about the pre-gain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?