Hey all, Ive been looking at pickups for quite a while now, I did wana get some for my Ibanez because it just wasnt cutting though live.. well It kinda was but it was all treble.. damn EMG's!

Anyways Ive switched to using my Epi Les Paul now cus it just sounds sooooo much better and solo's just sound great, like a wall of sound , only thing is the bridge pickup on the guitar has a slight tendancy to get muddy with power chords and im having to set the gain on my valveking head to max to make up for the low output of the pickups (I do a fair bit of legato and stuff plus gotta be searing leads!)..

Sooo, im kinda thinking about changing the stock Epi pickup to a 498t Hot Alcino I just want sumthing with a little bit more output that wont get muddy with low chords like the stock Epi can..

Does anyone have any experience with these pickups/ think they would be right for my situation?

Thanks, chris
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Last edited by synth002 at Sep 29, 2007,
You can do better for your money, a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 would fit the bill I think.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You can do better for your money, a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 would fit the bill I think.

Cool I will check it out now.. just to be sure, its this one right? .. CLICK HERE

Cheers, chris
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Yup, that's the one
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com