ok, im playing a 1972 fender telecaster custom, run through a boss md-2 distortion pedal, and into a boss music man 112rd 100w tube amp. i have the bright switch turned on on the amp (and the deep switch), as well as the tone knob on my pedal maxed-out, the distortion and gain boost maxed out, and the treble on my amp maxed out. you probably think im crazy, but this makes the most ear-piercingly bright and twangy sound ever. i understand this is a pretty insane setting, but i really like the tone, its something between jimmy page's solo in Heartbreaker and whole lotta love, and david gilmour in Time. any way, i don't have a problem with feedback, until i turn the tone knob on my guitar up to give it a more 'squarky' human voice, because with out the tone on the guitar up, it kind of sounds dull, even with all the treble maxed on the amp. anyway, thats when i run into all kinds of trouble. i get the loudest, most highpitched feedback when im not playing any notes. have you got any suggestions on how i could eliminate this feedback when i want to turn my guitars tone knob up? is it a problem with my guitar or pedal or amp? or is it just a case of a bright tele being run with too much gain and treble? if this is the case, is there anyway to adjust my settings and still keep my beloved crazy tone?

thanks in advance
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
you should really go to the electric guitar section for this..

?? i thought this was?

HAHA!
ok, im going to throw this thread open again in the hope that i may get some help. the problem is really getting bad now. it is incredibly annoying that when i try to practice with a band or just another guitarist, the feedback is overwhelming. please help

HAHA!