This is just a quick question about why the Standard Gibson LP costs more than the Classic.

i understand things like the pickups being different. but why does the standard cost up to 600$ US more??

also, is it worth the extra cash to get the standard, or do they sound different? (i have only played a classic).

thanks.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0
i understand things like the pickups being different.

also, is it worth the extra cash to get the standard, or do they sound different?

different pickups = different sound..
the specs are also different. its best to try both of them out and make your decision from there. personally for me, i prefer the clean tone of a standard and the distortion of a classic. but its personal taste. some people have it the other way around.
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
Quote by vagabond09
different pickups = different sound..
the specs are also different. its best to try both of them out and make your decision from there. personally for me, i prefer the clean tone of a standard and the distortion of a classic. but its personal taste. some people have it the other way around.

i assume that you mean one of them has a more crunch sound, and the other is kind of fatter??

which is which? i like a guitar that, when distorted, can alternate between a very harsh sound, or can be very warm so that the notes kind of 'hug' my ears (its very difficult to describe, but on my SG, i can switch to the sound i like by upping the bass a bit, and switching to my neck p-up, though i am looking for a warmer sound than my SG, so of course, i am looking at a les paul). and when it's clean, i like to be able to hear low notes well, which i know any les paul sounds like. so the question is mainly about the distorted sound.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
The classic has hotter pickups and a thinner neck. I never had any problems getting a decent clean sound out of my classic though. I also prefer a thinner neck. Other than that, I have no idea why the standard is so much more expensive, other than you're just paying for the model name.