I think that the songs are great, and the Edge's guitar parts fit pefectly, but I personally wouldn't like to play like him. What are your views?
Quote by metalhead_365
terrible. imo. but if you like em its kl with me! i just dont know how they got so big, cos they ust dont seem to have massive groups of fans, people just think their ok. strange

yep. That's basically what i was going to say
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
why would you call yourself the edge?

they're good for what they are, a pop/rock band aimed for older people
they arent a traditional rock band however Bono has the most sensational voice in rock music. i saw them live and its just so powerful. However he does carry the band, the edge isnt really a great guitarist and the other 2 arent great musicians either but the songs they write are extremely powerful and beautiful.
Yeh I like U2, I have huge respect for the Edge and Bono.. I mean even if you absolutely hate the band, you can't deny that they've written some amazing songs, and they're one of the most well known bands all over the world, you've gotta admire people who can do that...

I've got a couple of their live dvds, one of a concert at Slane Castle and the other is in Chicago somewhere... Adam Clayton is pretty cool, he not the showman that Bono and, to a lesser extent, the Edge are but he's got a mad groove when he's playing..

And from what i've seen in the dvds, the Edge has an incredible guitar rig! He's got heaps of rack effects with pedals sitting on top behind him, which are all controlled by a massive board of channel selectors (i guess thats what you'd call them) infront of him.... He's got the selectors set for each sound he needs for all the songs in that gig's set... it would be a bitch to set up, but it sounds pretty damn good..

Bono is the frontman i sort of aspire to be like... not really his vocals, but how he spreads awareness about certain world issues, it's like he is trying to make the world a better place (i'm not sure if those are exactly the right words to use)... he will be remembered for ages for what he's acheived, which makes you wonder if he is an ambassador for abolishing poverty because he genuinely wants to help people, or because he simply wants to make himself look good... i'm not too sure about that one

anyway enough rambling from me... not quite sure if any of that made much sense.. oh well
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Quote by metalhead_365
terrible. imo. but if you like em its kl with me! i just dont know how they got so big, cos they ust dont seem to have massive groups of fans, people just think their ok. strange

nah they have a huge following... in south america they have hundreds of ppl lining up for the shows days before it outside the venue... at three o'clock in the morning on the finale of the vertigo tour, they had over 1000 people waiting for the concert at 8:30 that night.
they are my favourite band, i just love everything about them and the edge is definetely tied with frusciante and hendrix as my favourite guitarist. some of you may attack me for saying that but seriously the edge may not be a shredder but the music he makes is incredible just check out any u2 dvd. watch the slide solo in mysterious ways on the elevation dvd, that takes the song to whole different level. watch his playing on love is blindness on the zoo tv dvd or bullet the blue sky from the vertigo dvd. thats not even to mention the style he created, the shimmering delay ridden parts. eg street, pride.so ya i love u2.
I effing love Achtung Baby, and Im not sure which album to get next..
so?
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Lol @ the edge being a bad guitarist. You can't write that many good riffs and possibly be a bad guitarist.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I'm not crazy about them. From what I've heard they're nothing special... There's much better stuff out there.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
I've tried liking them (Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby) but I just can't get into them. Bono's singing just drones on, and the Edge has no edge whatsoever.
Quote by yawn
I've tried liking them (Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby) but I just can't get into them. Bono's singing just drones on, and the Edge has no edge whatsoever.

*snare cymbol*

I like U2 to the extent that I acknowledge that they are a good band and have good songs. However I don't listen to them much at all.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
They're all right......and they've lasted a lot longer than other bands
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
Ive never liked U2 for some reason...I think the lead singer has a good voice however I find their music boring to listen to plus I like lead guitar and U2 doesnt have much of that in its music...mostly rhythm and Rhythm Lead stuff with lots of effects.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Quote by bah humbug
I effing love Achtung Baby, and Im not sure which album to get next..
so?

Go with Joshua Tree or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. By far their best two albums. You could also get their best ofs.
I sell ponies.
Joshua Tree is amazing. I finally picked it up, and along with the three amazing singles their are several other astounding songs. Such a spiritual album too, amazing.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Eh, not a big fan of their recent works, but their output from the 80s is some genius stuff.....
Their 90's stuff is not fantastic, but everything else is. Their best song from the 90's is "Electrical Storm".
I sell ponies.
Dude you like Limp Bizkit.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

They used to be good.
Like Wulver said, it was the 80's. Now they are too commercial and sell out soundish.
Probably the only worthy new U2 song is Beautiful Day.
U2 Sucks.. Ew.
Metallica is the best =]
I am The Great Cornholio !
I need T.P. for my bunghole !
No, actually.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
i'm a fan of u2. i love their simplicity is some of their songs.

the problem with some of their albums have some really great songs, where as the rest of the songs on the album sounds dull, and pretty much just a collage of the little riffs that didnt make it onto the other songs.