In the near future, my girlfriend and I will be taking a cross country trip, approximately 1,300 miles. Our options for transportation are:
- Drive ourselves.
- Fly.
- Take a bus.

The first two options would cost around $1,000 when all is said and done (with hotels and what not) but the bus trip would equate to around $500. My questions to anyone reading are:
Have you used Greyhound buses before for an extended trip? (Not just across town.)
How was the experience? Anything to look out for?

Our trip would require 5 transfers, and I noticed it is not within Greyhound's policy to A) Guarantee transport times/no delays, or B) Refund any money in the event of fault on their part. (IE: We need to take bus 1 from station 1 to station 2, then take bus 2; if bus 1 is late to the point that it causes us to miss bus 2's departure from station 2, Greyhound will not assume responsibility.) There are other buses, obviously, but the trip is time-dependent. (We're going to a concert.) So, if any of you have used Greyhound, I'd appreciate any/all feedback. Did they have their **** together? Were they on time? Etc, etc. Thanks all.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Fly or Drive
Driving would be alot more fun but you run the risk of under estimating your budget for it.
We've driven the distance before; takes about 3 days if we don't slack off and quit after 5 hours. It'd be cheaper to take the bus, but if it's not a great company, I'd consider taking it on the chin and paying more.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Fly, you fools!
ha always wanted a chance to say that
a walking talking advertisement for population control
I took a greyhound bus for about 11 hours (from Miami to Tallahassee).

The company itself had its **** together, the only tricky part is being able to switch onto the different bus correctly. It's still fairly simple, however.

You're gonna meet some odd people.
My God, it's full of stars!
Taking buses on a trip is quite lame.

Driving would guarantee the most fun. And you aren't limited by a stupid schedule.