i know theyre now under one company(please correct me if im wrong)

but are there any differences between the two, like which is noisier, etc.

thanks.
Last edited by superslinky at Sep 29, 2007,
I had the DOD Grunge pedal and quite like it. It's not good for actual grunge but you can get some heavy sounds from it
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
yep, ive tried the dod (the older version),

its more metal-sounding than what its actually supposed to be.
but i like its tightness.
+1 at the muff.

I happen to own a digitech grunge though, it's not very grungey but I happen to like the sound I get out of it.

Just call up your local guitar store and ask to try em out if they have em in stock.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
the digitech grunge is nothing at all special. pretty noisy and not very versatile at all -- putting the gain at 10oclock sounded fairly similar to having it maxed out. what gear are you using right now and what sound are you going for? ug may be able to give you some good suggestions. that, or go down to your local guitar store to try them out for yourself.
The digigrunge sure as hell is noisy. The only time I use it is when my amp knobs are murdered (treble at 9 o'clock, bass at 8 o'clock, mids at 0, drive at 0, model set to clean, no effects, no reverb).

Then I just crank up the grunge to about 1 o'clock, mids to about 11 o'clock, and bass to 12 o'clock.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
i already have the big muff pi NYC. but you cant really hit metal with it, i use it for white stripes, nirvana, etc..

im looking for a tight metal sound, i was quite impresed with the dod grunge i tried out, unfortunately, it was too noisy..
If you have a tube amp, you could try an OD pedal to give your distortion that extra push it needs for metal.
WTLTL 2011