so i soon get my payment so i want some new pups to my lp

i want something with good sustain and a bit sensitive to tapping and stuff

i like to play metal/neo classic (Buckethead. Jerryc)
but i want something there can go all-round genres (so also can play hendrix, GnR etc)

when i search on the pickup finder on dimarzio homepage i come up with this solution

neck: PAF Joe
bridge: Evolutin

so is this good or can i get something better (plz take pups fro dimarzio because i get them 10% cheaper)
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Parker Nitefly with SD Hotrails and JB Two Tone

Amp
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
Boss DD-6
EHX Big Muff
Quote by bc-rich-lover

when i search on the pickup finder on dimarzio homepage i come up with this solution

neck: PAF Joe
bridge: Evolutin

so is this good or can i get something better (plz take pups fro dimarzio because i get them 10% cheaper)

The PAF Joe is a trebly pickup with very good definition. If you want warm rythem tone from the neck then this pickup probably isn't the best (get a PAF PRO for that) but if you want clear leads from your neck pickup then the PAF Joe should be perfect for you. The Air nortan is very compressed and lacks dynamics, but it does give you good sustain. It's not so great for tapping though...

TheEvolution is fast, bright, with high output and is a pretty good all around pickup. As long as you have a good amp this pickup should be just fine.

If you don't have a good amp then I wouldn't bother getting pickups yet.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
If you don't have a good amp then I wouldn't bother getting pickups yet.

My amp is a Marshall mg10cd, pretty good quality, but only 10 watts... and i saw a very big difference when i just put my new pickups.

I have a Breed for the neck and D Sonic for the bridge, and it just owns. I can get all the sounds that i ever wanted. The Breed Neck is great for warm tone, sounding a bit like a steel acoustic guitar (if you would play over the fretbord on the acoustic guitar, the sound is almost the same). The D Sonic is great for 1 notes solos, power chords riffs, arpeggios... well, everything except warm sounding things (i use the neck pickup in these cases).

Since I play progressive symphonic thrash metal (Dream Theater is my main influence), i need to be able to get the most sounds possible, and these 2 pickups together are perfect for that. The sound is always clean, and i never got any unwanted feedbacks when playing with the amps volume cranked up as much as possible. Never had any problems with my pickups.

DiMarzio is really a great choice for pickups. The pickups that you should use only depends and which kind and range of sound you want. Dont take a neck pickup with a lot of treble if you want it to sound warm and fat.

Finally, IMO, i think you should use PAF Pro or PAF Joe on the neck, and D Sonic on the bridge. Just try to make the choice that seems to be the best to you.