hey wuts shakin

ive been wanting a marshall dsl for a good while now and i now have the money for it. but, out of almost nowhere, my bandmate bought one.... i'm now unsure if i should still get the dsl or get something different for a more versitile sound.

would having 2 of the same amp in a band take away from that "big" sound that everyone loves? maybe it will add a tightness to the sound that would be cool stuff, i dont know, would someone please share their know-how?

thanks much
It;s fine - you might have two identical amps but you've got two different guitarists with different EQ settings, different styles and different guitars playing different parts.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
its fine. or out do him and get a vintage jtm45 or somethign else vintage
6L6 amps compliment EL34 amps pretty well, maybe consider something with 6L6s?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Radiohead all use Vox AC30s most of the time, but think of the variety of sounds the different guitars produce. You will probably have to work on the EQs a bit though, if you have similar pedals, pickups and EQs, the sounds might blend too much.
Quote by MrCarrot
6L6 amps compliment EL34 amps pretty well, maybe consider something with 6L6s?

can't he just get the dsl anyway and switch to tubes [to 6l6] or is it only with some amps like the windsor studio that can be compatible with difrnt kinds of tubes?
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Yeah, if you're both generic guitarists bashing power chords it'll sound like ****, but if you both are good players with developed styles it should be fine.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~