Page 1 of 2
£350 idealy, but at a push i might be able to get £400.

I play a bit of anything but mostly Blues, Indie and Rock
maybe check out a Washburn X50-Pro
but that strat would be great as well. The strat will have a twangier sound better for clean and light distortion but the washburn is just cheaper and great quality
Ill probably stick with the strat then because at least i can try it before i buy it
Quote by T0mi
Ill probably stick with the strat then because at least i can try it before i buy it

Good idea
I'd probably say something like an Ibanez RG321 it's well within the price range, but you're probably better off looking at getting anew amp before upgrading guitar
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
I'd probably say something like an Ibanez RG321 it's well within the price range, but you're probably better off looking at getting anew amp before upgrading guitar

He wants to play indie and blues...
But yeah, a new amp would be a better idea;

Laney VC30/VC15 (Depending on if you are gigging)
Fender Blues Junior
Peavey Classic 30
Last edited by Horlicks at Sep 29, 2007,
yeah...what's wrong with ibanez for indie and blues? it#s a really common misconception that ibanez are metal and metal only

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
yeah...what's wrong with ibanez for indie and blues? it#s a really common misconception that ibanez are metal and metal only

Yeah but strats are better for that type of music
Quote by mcw00t

When i first started guitar thats exactly what i though, but their are some really great songs/cover songs that aren't metal and are played on Ibanez's
Quote by T0mi
When i first started guitar thats exactly what i though, but their are some really great songs/cover songs that aren't metal and are played on Ibanez's

Maybe a different model of Ibanez, but probably not the RG
Quote by Horlicks

Fair point...
Quote by Horlicks

I suggested the RG321 for a reason - hardtail, mahogany, and generally inexpensive, plus probably one of the more versatile Ibanez guitars.

Anyway, I don't know why we're having this discussion, I agree about the Laney VC15 as a new amp instead of the new guitar

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
I suggested the RG321 for a reason - hardtail, mahogany, and generally inexpensive, plus probably one of the more versatile Ibanez guitars.

Anyway, I don't know why we're having this discussion, I agree about the Laney VC15 as a new amp instead of the new guitar

Guitar looks pretty nice. enjoy
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Guitar, my amp and pocket pod are adequate for my needs
Quote by T0mi
Guitar, my amp and pocket pod are adequate for my needs

What is your amp though? Because you could be missing out on a lot of tone without a decent amp
Quote by Horlicks
What is your amp though? Because you could be missing out on a lot of tone without a decent amp

This guy's right. Chances are, if you're using a pod, you're missing out on a lot of nice tone from a decent tube amp.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by T0mi
Roland Cube 60

Upgrade to the VC15, seriously you won't regret it.
Quote by Horlicks
Upgrade to the VC15, seriously you won't regret it.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
£220 if you're in the UK

P.S. I own one and I can tell you for a fact they nail low gain indie sounds amazingly, almost as good as a Vox AC30
I dunno then, my squier is falling apart and id rather by a new guitar 1st then get a new amp, so im not guitar less
Quote by T0mi
I dunno then, my squier is falling apart and id rather by a new guitar 1st then get a new amp, so im not guitar less

Falling apart?
Quote by Horlicks
Falling apart?

The input jack is really dogy,sometimes it doesnt work at all, and the scratchplate is coming loose, even when i tighten the screws it has no effect
Quote by T0mi
The input jack is really dogy,sometimes it doesnt work at all, and the scratchplate is coming loose, even when i tighten the screws it has no effect

Maybe buy a new guitar with the remaining £180? You can get a better one than your strat for that price.

I recommend Yamaha Pacifica, Ibanez SA120 (IMO better than the pacifica).
or my other option would be to get one now then get the other at christmas
No im not so where can i get a decent 5 watt tube amp (other than Ebay)?
epi valve junior, peavey valveking royal 8, fender champion 600.

the valve king is probably the pick of those, but i'd probably prefer the vc15 to be honest. plus you might get away with it for smaller gigs if you ever did start gigging.

as for the guitar, i'd go with the washburn x50 if you play much heavier rock. if you only play lighter classic rock, the strat should be fine. alternatively, some of the higher up pacificas may be worth a look if you play a bit of heavier metal, but want nice cleans etc. too (pacifica 612, maybe).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
epi valve junior, peavey valveking royal 8, fender champion 600.

the valve king is probably the pick of those, but i'd probably prefer the vc15 to be honest. plus you might get away with it for smaller gigs if you ever did start gigging.

as for the guitar, i'd go with the washburn x50 if you play much heavier rock. if you only play lighter classic rock, the strat should be fine. alternatively, some of the higher up pacificas may be worth a look if you play a bit of heavier metal, but want nice cleans etc. too (pacifica 612, maybe).

This guy noes it!

IMO the Fender Champ looks like a fucking biscuit
oh, i meant to clarify, i haven't tried the champion. from what i hear, it stays clean most of the way up, so if you want much drive you'd need to boost it or something. and yeah, that's the one i meant. you can get it marginally cheaper on thomann, but you'd have to buy another powr lead (unless you have one lying around), so that'd probably erode most of the £10 saving... peavey valveking royal 8 is around £100, ditto the epi valve junior. Actually, if you're anywhere near sound control, their grainger amps (basically the epiphone amps rebadged) are a little cheaper- the grainger valve junior (valve 5 or whatever it's called) is something like £79. would be worth a try, but if you play anything heavier than classic rock, it most likely won't have enough gain for you (and that's with the volume on 10!). That's why i'd prefer the vc15 to be honest, it still sounds vintage, but you can get a reasonable amount of gain out of it, and at low volumes too.

looks like a biscuit?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2