ok, i checked in the search bar and nothing came up on the first two pages. if its been done before tell me and i'll remove it. same goes if its the wrong forum (im on a warning you see)

ok, now i understand that neck profiles ie d shaped an dc shaped etc describe the type of neck that the guitar has, but i dont understand what they actually equate to. eg d could be anything from wide and thick to thin and not very curved.

any help would be appreciated.
C shaped looks like a C

D shaped looks like a D

And V shaped looks like a V

(I think)

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
The V is more of an angular U
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Yah, that is a great post pinback..

Everytime I see that V it makes me cringe, because it reminds me of Dean Razorbacks.. which are supposedly "designed for shred" and such, but have the most uncomfortable neck (imo) for that style.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
how does clapton play with that neck, it looks painful
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
With a V profile neck, you usually play with your thumb on the upper half, and your palm cradles the V profile.

great for bending/vibrato, but the more "efficient" way of playing with your thumb in the middle (which is usually considered better for more technical styles) is really inhibited.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
that '57 Clapton V is bull****. it's not like that. he uses soft V.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard