I bought an Epiphone Black Beauty about 1 year ago and i'm thinking about changing the humbuckers i have in it with a DiMarzio PAF and a DiMarzio Super Distortion but since the Black Beauty has 3 humbuckers i still need to figure out what else to put in it.
Also i dont know which pickup should go where. If someone would be kind enough to offer their help i would greatly appreciate it.
I wouldn't stick anything too high-output in the middle, you'll end up with too much magnetic pull on the strings and it'll eat sustain...If you want to change them all maybe go with a Norton in the bridge, a Breed in the neck and either an Air Classic or a Humbucker from Hell in the middle? If you want a more clasic sound in the neck then go with suomething less gutsy than the Breed, again the Air classic would be nice.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Sorry, yes, they're all Dimarzios
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have an epi les paul,and i'm thinking of changing the pups,in the not so near future(insufficient funds) i'd like to put an emg 81,and 89 and mine, as i love emgs. i bought a jackson rr24 with an emg 81,and it is remarkable how much better the emg sounds. if your into metal,or hard rock, perhaps u should look into emg pups.i find them more colourful, and have more kick/distortion to them...if i were you i'd go with an 81/bridge,and 2 89's in middle and neck...that way you get an HHH, HSH, and HSS setup all in one...but maybe having 3 high output pups causes some trouble as explained above by steven seagull.
good luck
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
thanks i appreciate your help. I'm looking for a setup that will sound the best when i play music like, The Human Abstract, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, and other metal bands.