i need to design a rolling cart that has to support a 350lb D3 prototyping printer. The base of the printer must be 3ft off the ground. It will be constructed out of aluminum the rectangular frame will be constructed out of 2.5"x2.5" L bar (to create a cradle almost for the printer to sit in) and then spider legs out the side on wheels to prevent tipping. Im just wondering if i should cross brace the inside of the box frame for reinforcement?
I dunno, I'd say better safe than sorry. So cross brace it :P
Yes I think that that would be sensible, there's not a weight or part limit is there?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
yea cross brace it
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
if what i think your saying is true, then you need to cross-brace it absolutely. because squares are not good in design - only triangles (and domes, but thats a different matter). so yes, you need to provide cross-bracing so that it doesnt fall over.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
should i do a triangular cross brace (liek an X in the middle) or do like bars running by teh corners (from a top view it would look like an octagon almost)
i think you could get away with doing the octagon-looking stuff
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by super666fender
i need to design a rolling cart that has to support a 350lb D3 prototyping printer. The base of the printer must be 3ft off the ground. It will be constructed out of aluminum the rectangular frame will be constructed out of 2.5"x2.5" L bar (to create a cradle almost for the printer to sit in) and then spider legs out the side on wheels to prevent tipping. Im just wondering if i should cross brace the inside of the box frame for reinforcement?

Cross Bracing wouldnt hurt, since its a one time deal and you dont have to worrie about cost of production, material and so on. It just depends on the design in which you want, and the material you will use. I would make it all out of angle bar, DONT use a "x" design, because the angles will interfere with eachother and you will make more work for yourself. Just run one angle down the middle (long way) and then 2 which connect it in the middle from the opposit sides.
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
Quote by super666fender
should i do a triangular cross brace (liek an X in the middle) or do like bars running by teh corners (from a top view it would look like an octagon almost)

Its called a gusset... which isnt usually used with Angle Bar, mainly Sq. or Rec. Tubing
www.Savetoby.com

once the printer is in the "L" brace frame it will keep the frame ridgid and u wouldnt rele need it...
www.Savetoby.com