I'm working on customizing my firstact, I want new pickups for it, so I have some questions.

1. Can this be done?

2. What kind should I get?
Ok, go look on my profile, it's the green one. The original pickup it has is a humbucker. I play alternative rock.

Edit: I'd like to keep it in the 100 dollar range.
dude, my advice would be to invest in a new amp. new pickups wont change your sound a bit with the amp you have now.
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
I'd recommend a new guitar and amp. New pickups will not change how the guitar feels, and it will barely change how it sounds.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
crappy guitar+crappy amp+decent pickups=crap. get a better amp first, save up and get a mid range peavey tube amp.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Well my sister decided to see what would happen if she took the screws around the pickup out. The springs fell out, got lost, the pickup constantly falls out and hits the strings. Unless there's any other way to fix them, I'm stuck getting a new pickup aren't I?
Quote by Aussieloco
Well my sister decided to see what would happen if she took the screws around the pickup out. The springs fell out, got lost, the pickup constantly falls out and hits the strings. Unless there's any other way to fix them, I'm stuck getting a new pickup aren't I?

Just buy new springs.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

K, then let's change the topic of this. What guitar and/or amp would you suggest? I'll have a little over $200 after all my birthday money comes in. Once again I play alternative riock.
Get a Squier Affinity Strat, and then save up for an Epiphone VJ. Or, buy an Epiphone VJ, and save for the Squier.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

i have a couple of tube amps (Marshall, Orange) and a few solid states, some good and some ok, but i changed the pickups of my firends squire and purposely connected the guitar to my cheap 15w solit state crate and the sound had changed alot, it sounded better.
are u looking to just jam in ur room or try and be in a band.....if ur just jamming in ur room get a 5 watt tube amp there are acouple good ones out there......i feel like the only one on here who doesnt get an allowance, isnt 15
I'd say look at a cheap epiphone for a Guitar, or an Ibanez. As far as amps go, get a Vox AD series, the bigger the better.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
for two hundred bucks, you can pick up some stuff used man. easy. check ebay.

there is an epi strat thats about to end at only 105 bucks so far, and a decent amp suggested for less than $100.

those were just examples. first act guitars arent worth the trouble, honestly.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune