I bought a Jackson DK2M today and i decided to change the strings to my liking. This was my first ever Floyd Rose so iasn't 100% sure on things. It's double locking.

I got my high E on after two of them snapped and then went to put on my B.

I have done it wrong with the B though. Instead of the string going directly through the middle of the brdige thign, it's gone a little to the right. I can't take the string out cause it's got jammed and so the brdige bit wont move. So i strung it up anyway. I decided that i'd leave the rest of he strings and so tuned them all back to standard.

But now...i cant get the guitar to stay in tune at all....even with the locking on.

Also the High e is alittle lower than the other strings for some reason (when you look at it)

WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?

Im really upset with myself.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
i have the same problem. mine wont stay in tune. i cant even tune it really cause when i tune on string it untunes another string. meaning i never play that guitar with the floyd rose double lock tremelo. but i want too. =[
http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html

You need to get it set up exactly how it was when you took the strings off [same guage and tuning] otherwise you'll need to adjust the springs in the back

That site is really useful for instructions and they do work, restringing can be a long piece of work to get right, but it gets easy when you learn it
If you don't know about how to work them, take it to a shop. I ended up pissing about with a mate's Floyd Rose for about 3 hours, and to no avail.
make sure the string size you've put on isn't larger than the originals, unless you want to change the whole set.
...And the worms ate into his brain.
ah,the old floyd rose...i was in your shoes a couple months ago.
so,your changing string gauges.first need to understand how the floyd works.
the bridge always returns to one position,which i call ground zero.ground zero is where the STRING tension, and SPRING tension balance out. so,if you change to heavier strings this means you have more STRING tension, making the the bridge pull forward. it sounds like you're putting on lighter strings,meaning less STRING tension, making the bridge sit back, thus snapping your strings. so,you need less spring tension;
block the bridge(meaning to unfloat it,or stabilize it). i like to use erasers to put under the back of the bridge,between it and the body, to make it sit parrelel with the rest of the guitar.
2-open the back of the guitar up. you will see the spring attached to bridge in here. to get less spring tension, you should loosen these springs a little bit. use a screwdriver to turn the screws on the plate that the springs hold onto counterclock wise. BE SURE you have the right size bit for the screw driver,or you will strip the screws,and that may be a bad situation. make sure you press hard on the screw driver too,to avoid stripping them.
so,the bridge is blocked,and wont pull back...change your STRINGS to the lighter gauge, and pull the block(eraser) out...the bridge will likely shift on way or another...your goal is to block it again,adjust the spring tension to make the bridge reach ground zero when it is parrellel with the rest of the guitar...so,just keep blocking,adjusting,unblocking, untill you get the right setting...good luck!ps have fun lol...dont get too serious or angry.the worst thing you can break is a string,so just play around with it. i like to put on a cd while im doing it,to lighten the mood
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
ps again...if you go to a shop ask them if you can watch,so u know what to do next time.
also,i've taken mine to a shop once,and it was a half-ass job,i prefer to do it myself, because i can be as picky as i want,and its always a good thing to understand how it works,incase something goes wrong at a gig,and you cant take it to a shop...i reccomend learning how to do it for sure,you wont regret knowing how 2 setup your guitar
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

Any idea on how to get the jammed string out?

'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
where exactly is the string jammed?
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

On the B String...where you put the string into the bridge...its gone down the side of it instead of under it. I can't pull it out and if i unscrew the locking screw, the screw comes aout and doesn't move the bridge part at all meaning the string is still stuck. They've like jammed eachother if you know what i mean.

oh and tuning...to tune a floyd,dont put the locks on...when u tighten 1 string,the others go flat,becuz of the tension being tightened on the strings...ect...thats a whole differeny story,go to youtube,and type in floyd rose setup and matt bruck...he has some good lessons that may be on there
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer