like 5 minutes ago, i was just letting my guitar hang. and then the strap button screw just ripped out...sooo, i was wondering what you guys think i should do to fix it. should i a: drill a new hole and fill in the old one. B: somehow drill a bigger screw into the old one's spot or... am i being stupid and you know a way better idea. help please!
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by bobby_splax
like 5 minutes ago, i was just letting my guitar hang. and then the strap button screw just ripped out...sooo, i was wondering what you guys think i should do to fix it. should i a: drill a new hole and fill in the old one. B: somehow drill a bigger screw into the old one's spot or... am i being stupid and you know a way better idea. help please!

Don't use a bigger screw. That'll probably just pop out after a short while. I would probably say fill the old hole in and drill a new one with the same sized bit as the old one.
Be cool.
Depending on the condition of the hole, I've heard of people using toothpicks and maybe a little wood glue, to fill it in a little, then just screwing the strap button back into the same hole.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
dip a match (i use wooden kebab skewers) in PVA glue, then shove it in the whole, then snap off whatever is sticking out, and there you go. i do it all the time, as my straplocks are rather ghetto and if i want to change a strap i have to unscrew the whole thing.....but thats another story lol

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
lol toothpicks? sounds like a temporary fix but i'll keep it in mind. anyone else know how to fix it? should i just go into a shop and ask them?

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
take a tooth pick and COVER that **** in wood filler. stick it down in there and break it off flush with the body, whipe the extra wood filler off the body, let dry for an hour or so, then screw the strap back in. ive done this a few times.
so woodfiller is the way to go with either a toothpick or kebab skewer?

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
or if you dont mind never being able to take the button off then just fill half of the hole w. wood glue and then screw it in and then its in there forever
i'll have to take the button off sometime 'cuz im planning on painting it soon....epi g-400 if anyone wants to know so ....looks like i gotta find some wood filler...

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
yeah what everyone else has said, when it happaned to me i just snapped a match stick in half and poked it in there then screwed my screw back in, lasted for years.
okay, looks like problem solved then, thanks everyone

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby