I just an antiqua strat.
I want a deep humbucker sound in the bridge like the Morse music man guitars.
Which would be better? Cool rails or Hot rails?

Thanks
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Someone is going to make an icyhot joke, I can feel it. I personally prefer hot rails. But if you play clean a lot, or play a lot of undisorted blues then go with icy.
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Dimarzio Chopper no joke though, awesome pickup, nice warm humbucker awesomeness
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Woogles
I just an antiqua strat.
I want a deep humbucker sound in the bridge like the Morse music man guitars.
Which would be better? Cool rails or Hot rails?

Thanks

get one cool for the neck, and one hot for the bridge. then name your guitar the "icy hot special"
I never thought I'd see the day the pit made it's way to gb&c..

I'd go with neither personally, if you really want a humbucker, then get a real humbucker.
^i know. i didnt think they knew there were more sections than the pit
Quote by kaplac
I never thought I'd see the day the pit made it's way to gb&c..

I'd go with neither personally, if you really want a humbucker, then get a real humbucker.

Thing is that i can't.
It has a special pickguard so it has to fit single coil.
Quote by brandooon
uhh, buy a new one?, they make H-S-H cut pickguards, and if you can't find one with the right screw placement for it, then you can cut a new one as well. Or you can even cut out the hole on your pickguard you have right now with a dremel tool.
Quote by Woogles
Thing is that i can't.
It has a special pickguard so it has to fit single coil.

cant cut it? i have cut all my guitars at one point or another.
Quote by kaplac
uhh, buy a new one?, they make H-S-H cut pickguards, and if you can't find one with the right screw placement for it, then you can cut a new one as well. Or you can even cut out the hole on your pickguard you have right now with a dremel tool.

It would be kinda hard to get that pickguard :O
Quote by brandooon
Quote by kaplac

Edit: I still haven't check if it has room for a humbucker. :P
I'll go check now.
Quote by brandooon
Quote by Woogles

Edit: I still haven't check if it has room for a humbucker. :P
I'll go check now.

cut the pickguard and chisel the cavity if needed = done!
Quote by sizzlefizzle
cut the pickguard and chisel the cavity if needed = done!

No way if it's an original 70s Strat like that one pictured! (Although in the Antigua finish I'm not too fond of)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.