I play stuff like Pantera, Trivium, System of a Down, Nile, Lamb of God, Machine head etc. basically a wide range of phat metal.

I want a guitar with a floyd rose that isn't too much of a fancy shape. I'm on a budget of about £400.

/Discuss
what is your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Line 6 spider 2, both a 30 watt and a 120 watt.

It's good for metal, before people start bitching.
Get a new amp for the money
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
all guitars sound the same through digital amps. im not bitching, i own a spider myself. its a well known fact; digital modelling amps are designed to do just that - model the sound of other combinations of amps and guitars. theres no point in getting a better guitar cos it will sound exactly the same as your current one
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
$400 Pounds is like what?$800 USD?Get an Ibanez 1527 since you'll be playing Nile.
Quote by Joelieo
I'm alright for the time being.

so, in effect, you only want advice which backs up what you already think?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No, I just asked for suggestions on a new guitar. If I wanted a new amp I'd get one. /sigh
if you went in and asked a doctor what was the best analgesic for acute migraines and he said, "You'd be better to take migraine-specific medication, it's more effective" would you say "I don't want migraine medicine, I want analgesics, dammit!"?

cos that's basically what you're doing here.

unless your guitar is a £50 plywood starter guitar, or broken (or, i guess, if you need, say, a 7 string or something and your current guitar is a 6-string), an amp will make more of a difference to your tone than a new guitar will.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you went in and asked a doctor what was the best analgesic for acute migraines and he said, "You'd be better to take migraine-specific medication, it's more effective" would you say "I don't want migraine medicine, I want analgesics, dammit!"?

cos that's basically what you're doing here.

unless your guitar is a £50 plywood starter guitar, or broken (or, i guess, if you need, say, a 7 string or something and your current guitar is a 6-string), an amp will make more of a difference to your tone than a new guitar will.

Listen to the man!
I suggest a used 5150, a randall solid state, an ashdown fallen angel or Peavey Windsor

Last edited by Horlicks at Sep 29, 2007,
EDIT: i'm not trying to compare myself to a doctor, lol. I just know that I made these expensive mistakes myself, and I'm trying to stop you from making the same ones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by Dave_Mc
EDIT: i'm not trying to compare myself to a doctor, lol. I just know that I made these expensive mistakes myself, and I'm trying to stop you from making the same ones.

Dr. Dave......has a good ring to it.

and yeah, like Dave said, unless you have a PoS guitar, it would be better to get a nice amp. You could get a Laney LC15 for 400GBP.

If you really want a guitar though, I would get a Ibanez Iceman and throw some EMGs in.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
you can get an lc15 for about £150... i doubt it's aimed at metal though. but that randall rg50tc, or at a pinch a peavey valveking or windsor, would do metal pretty well, and be under budget.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The guy want a guitar. I don't know why any of you cannot just accept it. If you want him to get an amp, and he wants a guitar, then try to fit both within the budget. Oh, and Dr. Dave... you of all people should know that people know their bodies better then doctors. They have been wrong you know. If I have a headache and the doctor gives me Preparation H... I will just take the chances and leave...

Your advice is correct, but you must include what he wants as well.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
i disagree that people know their bodies better than doctors. Obviously you may know better than the doctor that you may have side effects with something, but generally a doctor will know how to cure your ailment better than you do, otherwise you wouldn't be there...

if people know their bodies better than doctors you gotta ask yourself why, since the advent of modern medicine, the average life expectancy has more than doubled...

i agree if he definitely wants a guitar he may not be happy with an amp. but that's really what'll help his tone more. It's up to him, and his money, obviously. He can do what he likes. But when he went to the bother of making the thread, I assumed he'd appreciate some advice...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you can get an lc15 for about £150... i doubt it's aimed at metal though. but that randall rg50tc, or at a pinch a peavey valveking or windsor, would do metal pretty well, and be under budget.

I forgot about the Windsor, look into one of those TS. I don't know what they are priced like over there, but you can get a complete half stack for $700USD.

I still stand by my Iceman suggestion though.

Dave, can you seriously get a LC15 for that cheap over there?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i disagree that people know their bodies better than doctors. Obviously you may know better than the doctor that you may have side effects with something, but generally a doctor will know how to cure your ailment better than you do, otherwise you wouldn't be there...

if people know their bodies better than doctors you gotta ask yourself why, since the advent of modern medicine, the average life expectancy has more than doubled...

i agree if he definitely wants a guitar he may not be happy with an amp. but that's really what'll help his tone more. It's up to him, and his money, obviously. He can do what he likes. But when he went to the bother of making the thread, I assumed he'd appreciate some advice...

Doctors may have invented modern day medicine, although it sometimes takes the person himself to tell the doctor what kind he needs. I look at doctors as help. You know what all your symptoms are, and the doctor can sometimes help you. I'm just saying maybe a compromise is in store here. A nice amp & guitar for that price range... or we can just bother him like everyone else and tell him to save more money.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
I forgot about the Windsor, look into one of those TS. I don't know what they are priced like over there, but you can get a complete half stack for $700USD.

I still stand by my Iceman suggestion though.

Dave, can you seriously get a LC15 for that cheap over there?

yeah. one of the few things we get a break on over here. believe me though, slightly cheaper laneys doesn't make up for the amount of stuff we get charged double (or worse) on...

Quote by elekguit
Doctors may have invented modern day medicine, although it sometimes takes the person himself to tell the doctor what kind he needs. I look at doctors as help. You know what all your symptoms are, and the doctor can sometimes help you. I'm just saying maybe a compromise is in store here. A nice amp & guitar for that price range... or we can just bother him like everyone else and tell him to save more money.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. one of the few things we get a break on over here. believe me though, slightly cheaper laneys doesn't make up for the amount of stuff we get charged double (or worse) on...

I got some questions about the LC15 and Orange TT, mind if I PM you?

TS, I just noticed that you wanted an FR, I would go for a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR in that case.
Judging simply on the bands, I'd suggest an Ibanez, though I do think you should probably invest in a good tube amp first.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
I got some questions about the LC15 and Orange TT, mind if I PM you?

TS, I just noticed that you wanted an FR, I would go for a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR in that case.

no problem, but i haven't tried the lc15, just the 30. and i only tried the tt briefly. i'll do what i can though.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
buy a guitar that you think looks kick ass since obviously you don't care about sound much
You could also check out a Schecter Jeff Loomis its gotEMGS,7 strings,and anOFR-7.
If he plays trivium and pantera then he should get a dean, since thats wat those bands use

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
Quote by GuitarGuy1994
If he plays trivium and pantera then he should get a dean, since thats wat those bands use

Pantera used washburns...