Good times. I work at some Italian club, that night I was bussing plates, glass, doing other stuff. Eventually I had to prepare a salad, so I was cutting tomatoes...and I sliced my finger real good.

Well, a couple seconds go buy..I'm a little shocked, no blood, one more second goes by, lots of blood. So I calmly ask my coworkers where I can find a band aid "first aid kit..over there". So I go...trying to figure out whether or not I showed wash it out first, or just get a band aid on to stop the blood.

So one coworker notices the blood which is now covering most of my hand, directs me to the sink, wash wash, put a paper towel over and apply pressure. So now we're just standing there waiting for the bleeding to stop so I can put on a band aid.

After getting a new paper towel, I ask one of the cooks (who has first aid training) if I need stitches. He says no, but we go and put some hydrogen peroxide (disinfectant) on it....oh how it burned : O !

A few more minutes pass and I start to feel like shit, nauseated, I'm sweating like hell on my forehead and neck, and everything is getting dim. So I tell the cook, he gets me to sit down, gets me some pop (for sugar, to keep me from fainting I believe).

After a couple more minutes I feel better, but I'm shaking uncontrollably. So we decide that I should go to the clinic. The cook drives me there (it wasn't very busy at work), my mother meets me there. We eventually see the doctor. Who inspects, thankfully by this time it's practically stopped bleeding..of course, doctors aren't allowed to be gentle. He proceeds manipulate the wound as best he can..eventually causing it to reopen..yay.

However, he bandages it up nice and snug, and says I'll be fine. I returned to work right after and completed my shift (5-11, this happened at around 8, and I was only gone for an hour or so).

Personally, I wouldn't have gone to the doctors if I hadn't started feeling bad, because I didn't think the cut was too bad. He said my reaction was caused by "shock, panic, etc", evenly though I was completely calm the whole time...

I was however very tired and "chill" for the rest of the night, thank god it wasn't too busy. I took my time clearing things up and taking it easy. I think my coworkers were surprised to see me back...I mean even if it wasn't that bad, I could've faked it and got the rest of the night off. But I'm..odd, like that.

Now my finger is bruising a little, but healing I think, it's tender, but besides that, I'm good. And that's the story, yes it wasn't as interesting as it could have been, but it was more interesting then a normal night of work.

Oh, and I love how there's paperwork that has to be filled out, it just can't be avoided it seems. "So you're bleeding all over the floor eh?..fill this form out".
I cut myself on a box last night at work.

It wasn't as bad as yours, but it stung.

That is the longest way I've ever seen to write - I cut myself at work, wasn't that bad but went to the clinic anyway cos felt a little crappy, went back to work.

I'll tell you my cut story:

I cut my back open at work. It needed 14 stitches. I never went back to work that day.

The end.
Well I had a similar issue.

i worked at a snoball stand and the ice was shaved on site. We were extremely busy theres three of us running around in a 10 sq ft area getting drinks and snoballs and ice cream. Well the ice machine runs out of ice. So i go to replace the block and the blade is still spinning (FOR CLARIFICATION, THE MACHINE WAS ALREADY SWITCHED OFF). I go to grab the tiny sliver of ice thats left over thats like an inch thick and my finger was nicked by the blade. Oh the agony.

I was bleeding, my boss was about to puke, and I couldnt work. I had to go to the lifeguard office (the stand was in a pool) and get it bandaged which did nothing. THen i went home still bleeding.

we decided to go to the er (i hate the er) and see if i needed stitches. By the time we got there and did all the paperwork, my finger stopped bleeding. Oh now you stop! well the doctor put like liquid stitches aka industrial glue on the finger, and put a bandaid on it. O my god!!!!

that bandaid was a pain in my ass to take off 2 days later. but now, there isnt a fingerprint where i nicked it so that was pretty cool. but while i had the bandaid on, i couldnt play guitar for like a week. i was royally pissed.

Thats my story.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Yeah..the no playing guitar part really sucks ):

Hopefully it'll just take a couple more days. And yeah, I could've made the story a lot shorter, but where's in that.
My Band is Peroxyde. Lalz. but I hate those. I've cut my hand open many times. One time, I had a poped vessel or something in my wrist, and in grade six durring class, I picked it, and bled all over my hand, pants, pencil case and desk. It didn't hurt though. i didn't even feel a thing.
Claims direct?

I'm not sure what that means..trying to hold my employer responsible, and getting some kind of garneshment? (I don't think that's a word)
wheni was in snd grade i was spinning at the back of the gym line and my shoe came untide and i fell and hit my chin on the floor and knocked my self out..... when i woke up(only 1 min later odd i know) i have to go the the nurse( i was in there every week for somthing) and it turns out i need 16 stitches in my chin.... so make sure i always tie ur shoes boys and girls.. i learn the har way

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsnake
if God was a chick then once a month the world would blow up
Me and my cousin were playing "pirates" when were about 5 and somehow I got hit with a shovel in the mouth

needless to say the guy at the gas station (where we stopped on our way to the ER) was wrong when he said "oh they'll just put a butterfly band-aid on it"

And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by technicolour
Claims direct?

I'm not sure what that means..trying to hold my employer responsible, and getting some kind of garneshment? (I don't think that's a word)

Claims direct is a company here in the UK.
That basically means if you had an accident "that wasn't your fault" they sue whoevers fault it was, and take a big chunk of the compensation
Ohh, I'm sure we have something like that in Canada, but I won't try it, because it was my fault.

"But I wasn't properly trained in how to cut with a knife" lol
Quote by technicolour
Ohh, I'm sure we have something like that in Canada, but I won't try it, because it was my fault.

"But I wasn't properly trained in how to cut with a knife" lol

exactly, they can pretty much sue anyone because of anything.
+ the adverts are hilarious.
Quote by technicolour
...put a paper towel over and apply pressure...

"I like to wait, to see how things turn out, if you apply some pressure..."

Sorry. Your horrific incident of terror reminded me of a Maximo Park song.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Sep 29, 2007,
big kudos to you for going back to work! I work in kitchens as well and find people like you are getting rarer by the day
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
At times like these, if Playing guitar is a conflict, i like to think to myself: What would Stevie Ray Vaughan or Flea do. Then i proceed to break out the crazy glue (allegedly)
i work in a kitchen also and have had some pretty bad cuts but i find the worst thing is a burn. Nothing is sorer than a burn
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Quote by technicolour
He says no, but we go and put some hydrogen peroxide (disinfectant) on it....oh how it burned : O !

Erm....isn't that bleach?.....And isn't bleach an irritant?
Quote by Raydey
Erm....isn't that bleach?.....And isn't bleach an irritant?

It is (thus the stinging), but it also kills infectious bacteria. And it's usually pretty well diluted for medical uses I think. That sucks though man. Now for my story...
I was working at Sonic right after a big ice-storm. So I'm taking out a guys order and on the way back I fall flat on my ass/elbow. My left arm isn't really working properly, but it didn't hurt too bad if I kept pressure off of it, so I kept working despite my co-workers advising me to go home. But when I got home, my dad decided to take me to the ER. They said there wasn't really anything wrong with it. But then the next day they call me back, and it turns out I have a fracture...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
When I was a wee tot, my dad was working on his Volkswagon bus and left the hood open. Due to my little kid curiosity, I just had to grab the fan belt. It ground off a section of my middle finger right down to the bone. They had to pull some muscle and stuff from down in my hand up to the part that was injured, and the tip is permanently bent forward. You can still see the scars from where the stitches failed to break down, and the doctor had to cut them out, as well as where they sliced open my hand to pull the muscle and stuff up.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Does that mean you can't play guitar anymore

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

when i was 6 i was running through the house, i steped on a curtian rod that was bent in on both ends well the other end came up and stabbed me in the neck. by the time i go the the er i had a towel pretty much covered in blood (only took 2 mins to get ther) i got stiches in my neck and a nice scar out of it.

not sure y but i felt like posting that + ive never been hurt at work.
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Ouch, glad you didn't need stitches.

Is it on your right or left hand? Can you still play guitar?

It's on my right hand, and I'm left handed, but no guitar for now unfortunately. It's tender as hell today.
I tried to shut my register while my finger was still in it. >.<
PM me for details on Scourge's forum!

Quote by jmag
gangster-dolly, du my new hero.
Quote by technicolour
Good times. I work at some Italian club, that night I was bussing plates, glass, doing other stuff. Eventually I had to prepare a salad, so I was cutting tomatoes...and I sliced my finger real good.

Well, a couple seconds go buy..I'm a little shocked, no blood, one more second goes by, lots of blood. So I calmly ask my coworkers where I can find a band aid "first aid kit..over there". So I go...trying to figure out whether or not I showed wash it out first, or just get a band aid on to stop the blood.

So one coworker notices the blood which is now covering most of my hand, directs me to the sink, wash wash, put a paper towel over and apply pressure. So now we're just standing there waiting for the bleeding to stop so I can put on a band aid.

After getting a new paper towel, I ask one of the cooks (who has first aid training) if I need stitches. He says no, but we go and put some hydrogen peroxide (disinfectant) on it....oh how it burned : O !

A few more minutes pass and I start to feel like shit, nauseated, I'm sweating like hell on my forehead and neck, and everything is getting dim. So I tell the cook, he gets me to sit down, gets me some pop (for sugar, to keep me from fainting I believe).

After a couple more minutes I feel better, but I'm shaking uncontrollably. So we decide that I should go to the clinic. The cook drives me there (it wasn't very busy at work), my mother meets me there. We eventually see the doctor. Who inspects, thankfully by this time it's practically stopped bleeding..of course, doctors aren't allowed to be gentle. He proceeds manipulate the wound as best he can..eventually causing it to reopen..yay.

However, he bandages it up nice and snug, and says I'll be fine. I returned to work right after and completed my shift (5-11, this happened at around 8, and I was only gone for an hour or so).

Personally, I wouldn't have gone to the doctors if I hadn't started feeling bad, because I didn't think the cut was too bad. He said my reaction was caused by "shock, panic, etc", evenly though I was completely calm the whole time...

I was however very tired and "chill" for the rest of the night, thank god it wasn't too busy. I took my time clearing things up and taking it easy. I think my coworkers were surprised to see me back...I mean even if it wasn't that bad, I could've faked it and got the rest of the night off. But I'm..odd, like that.

Now my finger is bruising a little, but healing I think, it's tender, but besides that, I'm good. And that's the story, yes it wasn't as interesting as it could have been, but it was more interesting then a normal night of work.

Oh, and I love how there's paperwork that has to be filled out, it just can't be avoided it seems. "So you're bleeding all over the floor eh?..fill this form out".

Sweet. Thanks for sharing.
Oh!

I remembered, my friend Justin was shutting his dads truck and it has auto-lock on it. If you can't figure it out I'll explain it

He locked his hand in his dad's truck

needless to say his expression was "Dad get the Keys!"
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
My story didnt happen to me but I was involved

in grade 9 shop A, me and my friend dicking around at the sander, he pushed me out of the way to sand something real small and i pushed him back and he nicked his knuckle on the sander, we were both laughing and then we looked at his hand and there was blood all over his hand, it was surprising how fast it started bleeding. Apparently we hit a vein or something, because the cut itself was really really really small, but it bled a ****load. I felt real guilty
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
Quote by technicolour
Shock can be a strange thing.

I remember I was getting a blood test at the doctors. They just put a needle into a vein in my arm and extracted blood. Well, the doctor made a faulty puncture in my arm and I started seeping blood from around the needle. It didn't really hurt, and I never considered myself to be bothered by a bit of blood, so I felt fine.

Though when we left and mum was driving me home, I suddenly started to feel really sick and felt like I was suffocating. I made mum stop the car and I jumped out, and tried to walk, while blacking out. You know what headrushes are like.. well it was like that. Vision goes black, you're dizzy, and you can't stand up properly. Well, I was trying to walk towards the fence so I could grab onto it but couldn't find it. I was scared I'd walk onto the road so I just stopped and grabbed my knees, waiting for my head to clear.

Afterwards, my mum said some lady pulled up beside me and looked concerned, but drove off when she saw my mum waiting for me.

I must've looked like I was on Heroin or something I had a cotton bud patch where the doctor put the needle in my arm, and I was stumbling around, completely fucked up

I was about 15.
I didn't have a signature until now.