Page 1 of 3
I really just heard his new song...

Who else is mad that he's getting famous over Daft Punks song?

I love DP, and have been a fan for a long time, and the fact that kanye west is getting so much more money and credit for the song than DP are makes me wanna stomp baby seals.

/rant
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
i stomp baby seals all the time
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
congratulations? you hate him because of this? how about because he's famous...period...over doing nothing. he didn't even get shot. he got in a car accident...or what about the time he said he should be in the bible? what about the infamous, "george bush doesn't care about black people". he's gay, but not just for this. i don't even know who dp is...lol
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Its a good song. Be it the Daft Punk version or his sample of it.

PSN ID: ArranP
You do realise that DP would have sold him that sample for a lot of money right? They're probably making more off that record than he is.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
You can feel better when you realise that Daft Punk own the rights and will make more out of this version than he will.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Quote by bobby_splax
congratulations? you hate him because of this? how about because he's famous...period...over doing nothing. he didn't even get shot. he got in a car accident...or what about the time he said he should be in the bible? what about the infamous, "george bush doesn't care about black people". he's gay, but not just for this. i don't even know who dp is...lol

Maybe he's famous because he's a good rapper or something? Crazy, I know. It's not like talent means anything.

Also, using gay as an insult is ridiculous.
<Han> I love Hitler
i hate people that rip off other people's music. He is just a prime example. And yeah, he's a dumbass for the stuff he's said in the past as well.
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

meh, i'm just irked. long week. hearing that song irked me further. sorry for the rant.
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Quote by Rankles
You do realise that DP would have sold him that sample for a lot of money right? They're probably making more off that record than he is.

+1
Quote by dreamtheater91
i hate people that rip off other people's music. He is just a prime example. And yeah, he's a dumbass for the stuff he's said in the past as well.

What the hell are you talking about? He didn't rip off anything, Daft Punk will have SOLD him the rights to use that sample. They will make loads off it.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by dreamtheater91

It really confuses me that people think samples are ripping people's music off. It's not like Kanye was like, "Damn, nice beat. I'm havin' this shit." He probably paid a ton of money for the right to use it.
<Han> I love Hitler
This has happened for years. There was an Inagaddadavida rip off, Crazy Train, and let's not froget the biggest one of all....*Drumroll* The rip off of Queen's Under Pressure :Ice Ice Baby.

I really looked like a retard at a school dance when I started singing Under Pressure. Then about 20 seconds after I started singing, Vanilla Ice started
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
Quote by jaggerbush320
This has happened for years. There was an Inagaddadavida rip off, Crazy Train, and let's not froget the biggest one of all....*Drumroll* The rip off of Queen's Under Pressure :Ice Ice Baby.

I really looked like a retard at a school dance when I started singing Under Pressure. Then about 20 seconds after I started singing, Vanilla Ice started

Exactly how many samples have been used in Pop songs by the likes of Girls Aloud, Sugababes.. whoever.
Yeah everything about that song is sick as ****.

1. He's using a Daft Punk song (that they probably licensed to him for a ****load of money, they even said they like rap over their songs anyway)
2. He's a good rapper.
3. The video is based on Akira.
4. At the end of the day you take comfort that Daft Punk is still probably the most popular band in the world.
i like that song too.....if it wasnt for that song i would have never heard of daft punk
priest of Zeppelinism.

Quote by Dazed/Confused
Thank you eat_pancakes for your witty rebuttal. I have a new respect for the pit because of that.

Quote by czlespaul
I can't open a box of cereal without accidentally ripping the flap so it won't close quite right anymore.
Quote by HaKattack
It really confuses me that people think samples are ripping people's music off. It's not like Kanye was like, "Damn, nice beat. I'm havin' this shit." He probably paid a ton of money for the right to use it.

Yup, Daft Punk if anything will gain from this. They are now in the mainstream of things because of Kanye. Most people wont know who they are unless they are Hardcore ravers or what not. Now that one of there songs has a famous face on it things can only get better for them

PSN ID: ArranP
thats happened before with crazy town and the ****ty butterfly song. they ripped of the chili peppers' song pretty little ditty
He got permission from Daft Punk for using Harder Better Faster Stronger. He didn't just steal it, or we'd be hearing about a major law suit. And I do like Kanye West. His new album is pretty good.
kanye west is an awful rapper. the only reason hes popular is because he has catchy beats, such as this daft punk sample. in fact, most of his songs are samples that he took from somewhere else, aka its not his work at all.

if you want good rap check out wu tang or hieroglyphics
Quote by HaKattack
Maybe he's famous because he's a good rapper or something? Crazy, I know. It's not like talent means anything.

Also, using gay as an insult is ridiculous.

I think you are mistaking having talent with not having talent, because rap isn't music and to play music you need talent. I guess what I am trying to say here is that Kanye West has no talent and requires publicity stunts to get noticed.

/thread
'The song features a prominent sample from the song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by the French house music duo Daft Punk, who received songwriter credit and had their costumes appear in the music video.'
Quote by cados121
I think you are mistaking having talent with not having talent, because rap isn't music and to play music you need talent. I guess what I am trying to say here is that Kanye West has no talent and requires publicity stunts to get noticed.

/thread

I'd like to see you acheive as much as Kanye West after typing those words
I wonder how many Kanye singles/albums sell compared to Daft Punks.

DP will be making a killing from the rights they own, not to mention the DC's they sell of their own material as a result of the success.
i personally think he is one of the most super-egotistical ppl in the world, along with 50 cent. He used to be alot better, and altho I havent listened to his cds, his old songs are just great, and this one lacks cleverness and humor.

Rap itself is popular b/c its dance music. not b/c ppl sing in it, or b/c its relatable (mostly). Most rappers act the part really well. IMO, rap was best in the 80s and early 90s. Now its turned into Radio-friendly pop music. think about some boy bands, and compare the sound to the rap of today. its very similar.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by cados121

/thread

I hate /thread, anyway
Not all rappers are bad, people have their own opinions on it.
But in my head rappers have to be quite poetic, not all of them talk about being gangsta's.

I'm not a fan of rap though..
Quote by cados121

/thread

Um...wow. Are you just trying for the 'Biggest Failure of the Week' award?
<Han> I love Hitler
Kanye West > You

I like his version better than the original, anyway. Why can't you guys just appreciate the music?
Quote by apmaman
Yup, Daft Punk if anything will gain from this. They are now in the mainstream of things because of Kanye. Most people wont know who they are unless they are Hardcore ravers or what not. Now that one of there songs has a famous face on it things can only get better for them

Daft Punk were always fairly known around Europe, always on the pop charts and stuff, don't know about America though.
Europe is a much better market for French Techno/House music.
Quote by cados121

/thread

music-
–noun
1. an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.
2. the tones or sounds employed, occurring in single line (melody) or multiple lines (harmony), and sounded or to be sounded by one or more voices or instruments, or both.
3. musical work or compositions for singing or playing.
4. the written or printed score of a musical composition.
5. such scores collectively.
6. any sweet, pleasing, or harmonious sounds or sound: the music of the waves.
7. appreciation of or responsiveness to musical sounds or harmonies: Music was in his very soul.

So music is basically all of that, and to say rap isn't music is quite a preposterous hypothesis... it may not seem like it needs talent but it does. I enjoy listening to rap music and many other people do. How about having some open mindedness towards other music, eh?
Quote by guitarkid2113
So music is basically all of that, and to say rap isn't music is quite a preposterous hypothesis... it may not seem like it needs talent but it does. I enjoy listening to rap music and many other people do. How about having some open mindedness towards other music, eh?

Thank you!
**WARNING: SARCASM ALERT**

**** rap, anything that isn't metal is for ****in faggots.

**END SARCASM**
Last edited by acidhammerdrums at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by acidhammerdrums
**** rap, anything that isn't metal is for ****in faggots.

*reported*

That was quite pointless.
<Han> I love Hitler
Page 1 of 3