i cant find ANYWHERE in bristol to play a 7 and its realy bugging me. because my bands getting into 7's soon and cant find one to test anywhere... so im thinking of buying without playing and this is apparently a realy bad idea, expecially with 7's ( it'll be my first 7) and yeah its the schecter jeff loomis sig im looking at.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Either quit your band, persuade them to use 6's, tune your guitar down or buy a 7
Quote by Horlicks
Either quit your band, persuade them to use 6's, tune your guitar down or buy a 7

i might buy the loomis sig without playing it... not sure though.

also its my idea to use 7's and the other thing is would a guitar be safe in a HSC overseas ( with all other packaging OFC)
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Last edited by bodomfan666 at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by bodomfan666
i might buy the loomis sig without buying.. not sure though.

also its my idea to use 7's and the other thing is would a guitar be safe in a HSC overseas ( with all other packaging OFC)

i rest my case
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

I'd go for the RG7321 or a Shecter BlackJack C7. They'll be longer than you've been used to (26.5 scale necks instead of 25.5) but they'll have the same necks as the guitars you own already. The BlackJack's set neck means it'll have really good tone and easy accessibility high up.
Since they have fixed bridges, changing strings won't be a nightmare, as it'll be with a Floyd. If you need a Floyd though, then yeah, get a S7321, RG1527, or that Jeff Loomis.
Being in bristol the only good music stores are Sound control (pricey as hell) Rikkaxxe (Limited stock) and drum bank guitar (Limited stock again) so there not much choice sadly. And ordering in guitars from sound control takes the piss.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
There's always online stores:

GuitarCenter.com
MusiciansFriend.com
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
Quote by bodomfan666
i cant find ANYWHERE in bristol to play a 7 and its realy bugging me. because my bands getting into 7's soon and cant find one to test anywhere... so im thinking of buying without playing and this is apparently a realy bad idea, expecially with 7's ( it'll be my first 7) and yeah its the schecter jeff loomis sig im looking at.

Why don't you try one of your friends' 7 string, duh...
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by TSelman

If he does that, then what is the other guy supposed to play?
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
Quote by cpljwlusmc
If he does that, then what is the other guy supposed to play?

TRY a friends 7, see how he likes 7 strings, then order one of his own. Maybe buy the same one, one of his friends has.
Quote by TSelman
TRY a friends 7, see how he likes 7 strings, then order one of his own. Maybe buy the same one, one of his friends has.

Oh.

Sorry
Quote by Jim Morrison
You know you don't have to get one right?

Just tune yours down, make sure they are tuned the same. Add some variety to your music.
Quote by cpljwlusmc
There's always online stores:

GuitarCenter.com
MusiciansFriend.com

Don't ship overseas
Quote by chuck953688
Don't ship overseas

Oh wow. That sucks.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Quote by lexaah
i rest my case

shh, i was in a hurry. **buy without playing**
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

7strings take about 20 minutes to get used to when you just sit down and play one. don't be afraid to buy one! i wouldn't go for the gusto if in the end you decide you don't like them, an ibanez RG321 or a schecter omen 7 are good affordable 7 strings to get into the testing grounds.. if you decide you REALLY like em, you could always sell it for a higher end one since it sounds like there's a shortage of 7's in your area.

and why is your band gettign into 7's anyway? are they going to use all that range or just so they can tune to B? if its so they can tune low, pick up a pack of strings gauged 13-56 and drop it to be. or a# whatever
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by Kivarenn82
7strings take about 20 minutes to get used to when you just sit down and play one. don't be afraid to buy one! i wouldn't go for the gusto if in the end you decide you don't like them, an ibanez RG321 or a schecter omen 7 are good affordable 7 strings to get into the testing grounds.. if you decide you REALLY like em, you could always sell it for a higher end one since it sounds like there's a shortage of 7's in your area.

and why is your band gettign into 7's anyway? are they going to use all that range or just so they can tune to B?

range / B / cos i want something different.

Quote by TSelman

noone of my friends possess a 7.
Quote by skinzpoison
Being in bristol the only good music stores are Sound control (pricey as hell) Rikkaxxe (Limited stock) and drum bank guitar (Limited stock again) so there not much choice sadly. And ordering in guitars from sound control takes the piss.

yes, yes it does indeed. they want 1/2 the price of the loomis to order one in just so i can decide if i like 7's or not.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Quote by bodomfan666

noone of my friends possess a 7.

So your band mates are getting into 7's, don't own one, live near you, so they haven't played on either? What?
Quote by TSelman
So your band mates are getting into 7's, don't own one, live near you, so they haven't played on either? What?

he has played one.

also any 1 know about my shipping problem aswell. will a guitar be safe in a hard shell case and boxing/padding/boxing?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE