I went to a concert last night (my first ) and I'd like to know what one of the pedals that the lead player used was. All I could see that it was purple and that it was the size of about 4 regular pedals, it probably had 4 stompswitches. The sound it gave was fuzzy with a very sweet breakup. Any ideas on what it was?
Ibanez SA260
Roland Microcube
Thanks. Unfortunately the foxx tone machine looks a bit different from what I remember. That FM4 looks close but I tried the sound samples and none of those effects were used.
Ibanez SA260
Roland Microcube
He was probably getting his distortion from the amp or from another pedal.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by xifr
He was probably getting his distortion from the amp or from another pedal.

Could it have been a channel switch then? Too bad I couldn't see the amps.
Ibanez SA260
Roland Microcube
It might not have been the purple pedal giving the fuzz sound though.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Armon
I went to a concert last night (my first ) and I'd like to know what one of the pedals that the lead player used was. All I could see that it was purple and that it was the size of about 4 regular pedals, it probably had 4 stompswitches. The sound it gave was fuzzy with a very sweet breakup. Any ideas on what it was?

Is there any way you could possibly tell us what band you were seeing? That would help immeasurably.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^Not if they're just some local band from halfway around the world, lol.

But my guess is that it's the FM-4, and that it wasn't the one giving the breakup.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Is there any way you could possibly tell us what band you were seeing? That would help immeasurably.

It was Wir Sind Helden from Germany, not a very big band but not the smallest either. I tried googling wir sind helden+pedal/gear but no luck. I'm thinking it wasn't giving the breakup now as well.
Ibanez SA260
Roland Microcube
It might have been creating some form of distortion, or at least a signal that was pushing the amp into distortion, because you can get all sorts of mental sounds from that thing. Maybe he was using one of the synth settings on it?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.