I plan on getting some Ernie Ball Super Slinkys. Good?

Also, This will be my first time restringing, is there any way that doing it could harm my guitar? (Ibanez RG321)

Is there anything else i should do while the strings are off? Anything with the nut/saddles/fretboard/ect.?

Will i have to re-do my intonation?

Anything else i need to know?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, I just dont wanna screw up my guitar, cos i love it
Ernie Balls are alright, but I think they ware out and go out of tune too quickly, so I use Curt Mangangs. Ernie Balls do feel good though. You can't harm your guitar. But, you should clean the fretboard and wipe down all the places you couldn't reach with the strings on. You won't have to do anything else.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
unless you try and replace the strings with a chainsaw, id say youd struggle to screw up your guitar
I generally take one off, put one on, take one off, put one on. The reason is if you take them all off at the same time the tension in the fretboard changes drastically and it can mess it up apparently. That's just what I was told by my mate.
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
it should be perfectly alright, but i remember the first time my brother restrung his ibanez RG, he had to adjust the tension springs slightly, even though they were the same guage strings
This will be my first time restringing, is there any way that doing it could harm my guitar? (Ibanez RG321)

I recommend cutting one string at a time and replacing it, so that there's consistent tension on the neck. Otherwise it'll strain it unnecessarily.

Is there anything else i should do while the strings are off? Anything with the nut/saddles/fretboard/ect.?

Wipe down the fretboard with a cloth, or add some fretboard treatment like Luthier's choice.

Will i have to re-do my intonation?

If it's the same gauge as the string you're replacing, then no. If it's greater, you may need minor truss rod adjustments (only if there is noticeable buzz) and perhaps a minor action raise (with the saddles, not the rod).

Anything else i need to know?

It's nothing to lose sleep over.

Sorry for all the dumb questions, I just dont wanna screw up my guitar, cos i love it

That's completely understandable. Rock on.
Quote by as_i_lay_dead
it should be perfectly alright, but i remember the first time my brother restrung his ibanez RG, he had to adjust the tension springs slightly, even though they were the same guage strings

Rg321's dont have Springs.
Quote by as_i_lay_dead

The RG he has is one with a fixed bridge...he has no springs to worry about...it's not a floyd.

Edit: Argh...not again ^^
^Shouldnt be a problem seeing as theres no trem on the RG321.

Get Dadarrios, or DRs prehaps, better choice IMO.
Give it a real good clean, all the grooves in the nut, the fingerboard a good wash, the amount of filth etc. that builds up there is unbelievable. Take your time be carefull, stretch your strings after winding them on (Do it by hand dont just wrap them around the tuners.) As long as you dont piss on it or anything you should be fine.
I personally prefer D'Addarios. They feel the same as Ernie Balls, even better, and last significantly longer.
Just to give you some idea, when I hardly take care of my strings at all, I get about 2 - 2.5 months out of the D'Addarios.
The first (and last) time I used Ernie Balls, I took good care of them (wiped them down after almost each time I played, some string cleaner occasionally), and they lasted exactly 7 weeks.
Quote by FRDesign
I boiled my last set of ernie balls before I put em on and they seem to last longer.

No offence intended, but that's a really mongy thing to do...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No offence intended, but that's a really mongy thing to do...

EVH did the same thing.
Go with Ernie Balls. I doubt you're going to tell the difference between Ernie Balls and DRs at this point. Besides, if you screw up, you can buy two packs of Ernie Ball for the price of one pack of DRs.
Quote by HELL_AWA1TS
EVH did the same thing.

EVH is also an alcoholic, likewise I wouldn't recommend anybody follow that course of action either.

Boiling strings is stupid, simple as. It comes from years ago when there wasn't a guitar store in every town and strings weren't dirt cheap. In the 60's players would boil old strings to get a little bit more life out of them simply because they didn't always have a spare set, or couldn't afford new ones. To do it to new strings is just daft, all that does is make them rust.

I know Eddie said he boils his strings, and maybe he does, but the fact of the matter is no matter how nuts he is can afford as many strings as he likes so it doesn't matter if he wrecks them by boiling them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 30, 2007,