So I've been playing for about 3 years now. I currently have my "Little" Martin acoustic (Which I am madly in love with) and an Ibanez S520EX (metal/shreddy stuff). I'm rather quickly moving away from metal and into..

A. Bluesy (not necessarily slow) SRV style stuff
B. Acoustic finger picking (Ie. Tears In Heaven, Classical Gas)

Now, i'm looking to sell my Ibanez, it's in great condition, all set up, and I've only had it 4 months or so. How much do you think I could get for it? (Ebay, trade in, classifieds, whatever)

Also, I'm looking for a guitar that can do bluesy stuff well, BUT can also do harder rock as well. I've been thinking of a Fat strat, how would that fit?

Also (also), I've really been loving the sound of nylon-string acoustics. I've probably got about $200 to kill, any suggestions or should I just go Yard Sale-ing/Flea Marketing and hoping for a good find?

Thanks,
-Me.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
i have no clue about acoustics. rofl.

for the electric, what's your amp currently? also, you could do worse than a fat strat for a blues guitar which can also get heavy.

Also, expect the strat fanboys association to come in here to say it's not a real strat if it has a humbucker in 5, 4, 3....
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if u want an SRV blues tone, a set of Texas Specials are in order. If u could get about $400 for the Ibanez, a set of those would be good. Id get a Strat, which can do anything with a good amp.With the Texas Specials, you would have a very close SRV tone.
Epi Les paul junior with P90 in the bridge

Or if you are really lucky, you might find some old quality guitars.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by .smudged.

Do not get a fat strat, get the real thing

2: fail empathy.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i got a fat strat... and it nails the blues, can get a good hard rock, and it gets decent metal... its very versatile
I liked the fat strat. That humbucker really does give you a lot more tonal options. Go for it.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
---------------------------
So i'm almost positive i'll be getting a Fat Strat. I'm actually starting my job in like a week, so i'll probably just work for it instead of sellin my Ibanez (It's a *really* nice S, perfectly set up. I still play metal stuff a bit, anyway)

No suggestiong on the nylon? Should I post this in the acoustic forum? haha.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x