ok so i have a bc rich 12-watt BCL-10 amp that came with the guitar (b.c. rich son of beast) and i wanna put a bigger speaker in it. could i just take all the electronics from the bcl-10 amp and hook it on a bigger speaker?

this isnt mine but it is the same exact amp as mine
Quote by sum_ugly_man
why not just get a better amp? is it actually THAT good???

i would get a better amp if i could afford one
oh i see, well i donno, you should be able to do it, i think, but are you sure of what youre doing?
i already have a speaker to use, chances are my rents wont let me use the speaker though. i was just wondering if it would be possible without messing anything up.

and if i was sure of what i was doing i wouldnt be asking for advice in a forum! lol
It should be possible as long as the Ohms rating is matching, or above I belive, but you also gotta rember the speaker is only as loud as the watts that are pushing it. If you got an amp that only is supplying 10 watts to the speaker. Then having a 80 watt speaker isn't going to make it much louder. Realy confusing stuff, but it may help the sound quality
Quote by WickedBeast666
It should be possible as long as the Ohms rating is matching, or above I belive, but you also gotta rember the speaker is only as loud as the watts that are pushing it. If you got an amp that only is supplying 10 watts to the speaker. Then having a 80 watt speaker isn't going to make it much louder. Realy confusing stuff, but it may help the sound quality

yea, i didnt think think about the watts pushing it. so its not really worth it then. thanks guys
well, fender uses some pretty nice 10in speakers for their bassman reissues, people seem to like them, and they sound great to me.

granted, they wont sound like a bassman, they'll just sound better.

they're pretty resonable, and they come in any ohm rating you'd need
here's the link for musicians friend
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jensen-P10R-25-Watt-10-Replacement-Speaker?sku=665011

they're called p10r's

putting better speakers into a ss amp can really make them sound alot better, the speaker is one of the most overlooked and important parts really, and usually they use ones that are as cheap as possible.